Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Mike & Claire

Default Roll Call: Sun Princess 1/18/2005

Anyone headed out on the Sun 1/18 to 1/28???????
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Eve

Default Re: Roll Call: Sun Princess 1/18/2005

I'll be on that cruise with a large group! Where are you coming from? I'm in the San Francisco area.
Old November 26th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Mike & Claire

Default Re: Re: Roll Call: Sun Princess 1/18/2005

We are from the Clear Lake area between Houston Texas and Galveston Texas. We are counting the days.........we both need a cruise fix really bad.

Mike H.
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Eve

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll Call: Sun Princess 1/18/2005

Well, if I run into a Mike and Claire from Texas, it'll probably be you! Not sure what our cabin is yet. We got a guarantee for a BB, I think, and when we cruised in August, we were upgraded. Nonetheless, a BB would be fine. Have you been on the Sun before? It was my first cruise ship in 2000. Nice ship, but missing some of the features of the newer, bigger ones. But I really like the size and layout.
Old November 28th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Mike H.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call: Sun Princess 1/18/2005

This is our 15th cruise overall, our third on Princess and our first on the Sun. Our group will be in C534 & C538.

Mike H.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 06:15 PM
Eve

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Roll Call: Sun Princess 1/18/2005

It's my 8th cruise overall, 6th on Princess, 2nd on Sun (my first was on Sun). We got a guarantee for a BB class, but not sure of the assignment yet. Maybe I should check my Cruise Personalizer. Might be on there by now....
Old December 22nd, 2004, 12:36 AM
Beginner

Hi,

We are going to be there! It is our first cruise and I am very excited!!!

Any advice for newbies?

Old December 28th, 2004, 02:10 AM
Eve

Yes! Have fun!

I still don't know my cabin. We only have a guarantee of BB cabin, but I'm getting excited now that we got all our cruise documents!
Old December 29th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Mike H.

If this is your first cruise my wife says you need to take a look at the "packing list" on www.cruisediva.com, this will be her 15th cruise and she still uses it as a reminder sheet.

I would rec. that you be sure to take the following: a power strip, a night light, a Leatherman Tool, a roll of duct tape and a Swiss Army Knife (in your checked luggage).
Old December 29th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Beginner

Eve and Mike H,

Thanks for the advice but I have to ask, why should we bring a roll of duct tape, a Leatherman and a Swiss Army knife? I can understand a powerstrip and a night light (we are booked for an inside cabin).

I will definately check out the website you mentioned. I need all the help I can get as I am horrible for over packing!

Thanks again,

Colleen
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Mike H.

Colleen:

On our last cruise to Alaska I used the duct tape to quiet a rattling air conditioner duct that engineering seemed to not be able to fix, I also repaired a tear in a rain jacket with it. Duct Tape is a multi-faceted tool.

I used the Leatherman tool a number of times on multiple cruises to make minor room repairs that I did not want to go through the hastle of calling....and waiting for engineering to fix. Sometimes it is better to "do it yourself" even on a cruise. Over the years it has also been used to repair luggage, in combination with duct tape.

The small swiss army knife is used on many tasks both on the ship and ashore...it's just handy to have.

Something I left off of my list is large Post It Notes. Very handy for leaving messages for the room steward or friends.
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Beginner

Mike H,

Thanks! Am I ever glad that I found this website, otherwise I would not have had a clue. The www.cruisediva.com website had lots of information and I have already printed off the packing lists. I will have to say thanks in person, I took a look at our cruise personalizer and we are right across the hall from you..

It will be so nice to be somewhere warm this winter....Our average high at home (Canadian Prairies) in January is -17 degrees Celcius (about 1 degree Fahrenheit).

Thanks again,

Colleen
Old January 1st, 2005, 08:07 PM
RobinNM

Hi, all! We're looking forward to the 1/18 Sun Princess cruise also. We're in R314. It's our second cruise, and second on the Sun. We really liked her when we cruised in Alaska a couple of years ago, and were happy she was in the Caribbean when we wanted to take a cruise there.

We're from New Mexico, and look forward to meeting new people on this cruise!

Robin and Harry