Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2004, 04:42 PM
bigwhite

Default Balcony Size

Have booked Coral Princess but now aware there are different sizes....have a BC but I hear the BA on a lower deck are larger and cost about $100 more for the cabin....is it worth it????? any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Balcony Size

For $50 more pp it would be worth it to me. However, only you can truly make that decision if it is worth it to you.
I am paying $110 more total for an 8x15 foot balcony on the Diamond Princess vs. the standard 9x9 foot balconies on the regular mini-suites because it is that big of a deal to me. Leaving in two days!
Steve Hayes
Old November 24th, 2004, 08:19 PM
dands

shayesship I agree with you, larger balconies are the best. I believe the larger balconies have two lounge chairs as well as two regular chairs and a table. We booked a Mexican Riviera cruise in a mini suite, on the Diamond in Oct. with a large balcony. Our TA called one week before sailing and said Princess had over sold our cruse. If we agreed to change the date of our sailing they would up grade us to a suite, and give us a $500 shipboard credit. Did that in a minute! Now we have a 50ft x 9ft balcony that wraps around from the front of the ship to the starboard side, in a very large suite (Cabin B107). We will be leaving soon, and will have many amenities, the upgrade fairy smiled on us. Just booked a Hawaii cruise for next year on the Island, will ensure we will have the largest balcony possible.
Old November 25th, 2004, 02:46 PM
bigwhite

Thanks,,my vife and I are outside tpye of people and prob the larger balc will be great...especially if there are two lounge chairs, twochairs and a table...great for entertaining some friends who are going on the same Panama canal one as us...as far as drinks...prob will bring sone in my luggage for sipping on the balc....we have done that before and had no problems...even brought some beer and champagne last time we were on Puerto Varllatra on the princess....thanks
Old November 27th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Eve

The larger balcony is very nice. Room enough for lounges. Keep in mind that it will probably be one that is only half covered by the smaller balcony above it, allowing the upper floor to look down onto half of your balcony.