Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Lady Linda

Default emerald deck E373?

We just got our cabin assignment. E373.
Should I be happy about this or disappointed? Looks like the balcony may be cut off a bit. Does anyone know?
We are to leave Jan 7th. If people post that they would try to change this cabin if they were me.... How would I go about doing so?

Any advise would be very helpful

Linda
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Lady Linda

Default Re: emerald deck E373?

Coral Princess is the cruise line...opps
Old November 28th, 2004, 09:59 PM
bushwhacker

Default Re: Re: emerald deck E373?

Could you mean E737?
Old December 6th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Eve

Default Re: Re: Re: emerald deck E373?

I'll bet she does mean E737. We were in E704 on the Coral, and if I recall, the balconies are fairly deep so some cut off as I see on a deck plan probably isn't much. I also like that back deck area and it would be nice to be close to that. It IS a long walk to the Horizon Court, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. ;-) I also like being on the deck where the the artium ends (although it's halfway doen there. It gave us more deck navigation options. It would be nice if they had a little self-serve coffee station there.

What is different about that deck is that the balconies are "fortified," more of the balcony walls and overhanging are formed by structural elements of the ship rather than plastic walls or small overhangs from the balcony upstairs. That would certainly be true of the right side of this particular balcony. I remember seeing a picture of the Island Princess once on here that showed this better. I'll see if I can find it and post a link here.
Old December 6th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Eve

Well, this is the picture I was thinking of, but I'm not sure it's very helpful. (pick the first picture from this gallery balconys - aft)

http://www.cruisemates.com/MBindex/PGindex.cfm

This is also the port side, but it's a mirror image of the starboard side where #737 is. And being the Island, it's the same as the Coral.

Emerald deck if the deck where the lifeboats are so look to the right of those for the balconies. What I notice is that I count 18 balconies there (and that last one is hard to determine, while the deck plan shows 19 balconies. That means yours is probably just behind that last blue panel and that last funny partition that sticks out.

You can see what I mean by counting the balconies, starting from the right of the lifeboats, you can see a solid wall and some dividers and another solid wall. Each divider separates the balconies, so in that first section between the walls, there are three balconies because there are two dividers. Continue to count back that way and you'll see 18 visible balconies.

I still don't think it's necessarily a bad balcony, but it has a little less protection from the elements than the others on that deck. Then again, it's got at least as much as others on upper decks. I'd just be glad I'm not on Aloha where the balcony is totally exposed.
Old December 6th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Eve

Default Re: Re: emerald deck E373?

Sorry, I realize now that link won't work the way I intended. If you want to see what I was talking about, you'll have to go back through these photo galleries to August 30, 2003, I think, and look for Island Princess Balconys by Alaska Bound. Four entries past that is a gallery titled Cruiseships by Captain Rhone in which I also found some picures that perhaps have a better view and they are of Coral.
Old December 10th, 2004, 02:23 PM
kskov1

Do you mean E733? at the back of the ship?

Looks like a lrge suite an dbalcony s well

We have a mini on E730 with the larger covered balcony

Kevin