Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LindaGG
Default Room Service

First time cruise ... I was wondering if you have to pay for coffee room service or is that included? I'm a big coffee drinker and like to drink it every meal. Also since they automaticly charge for tipping is it necessary to tip for room service? I'm not cheap but since don't want to pay double.
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Room Service

Room Service is free......as is the coffee (unless you want a soda or an alcoholic beverage, then you have to pay for it).......and the room service staff are not included in the auto tipping pool, so I usually tip a dollar or two depending on the size of the order.

Old November 30th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Passenger

I used room service for breakfast on the days I had an early shore excursion. Saved the wait time trying to get to the buffet or waiting in the dining room. yes, I do tip them.
Old November 30th, 2004, 10:29 PM
dands

Tip well and they, the room service staff will be very accomodating. enjoy your cruise.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Room Service

Can you order sandwiches to bring when you go to shore?
Old December 5th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Toto

Depending on your port....................as with some ports, taking food off the ship is looking for trouble and a possible fine.
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Cruizer

I just spoke to a Princess representative (at their headquarters, the 888-princess phone #)and they indicated to me that the room service delivery personnel are included in the split of the $10 a day tip that is automatically added to your bill. Of course, as always, you can tip in addition to that if you wish to.
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Hopperhop

just spoke to a Princess representative (at their headquarters, the 888-princess phone #)and they indicated to me that the room service delivery personnel are included in the split of the $10 a day tip that is automatically added to your bill. Of course, as always, you can tip in addition to that if you wish to.
Old December 7th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I've never heard of that before. (And I heard sometime the 888 people give out bogus info). For the record, we just tip $2 when they come by. I just keep a stash of $1's in a drawer and set out the $2 the night before for the morning service.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I agree with Harry - I've been on 5 Princess cruises and have never heard that before. I always tip the delivery person....especially if I write something in on the menu and they deliver it!

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Carribeanbound

I wanted to see for myself what they (princess) would say since I have a cruise coming up in January. The princess people at the toll free number told me the same thing that they told "Cruizer", that the room service people are included on the tip split. However, it still may be best to tip to get the best service on any subsequent room service orders.
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:53 PM
JImeeee4

Default Re: Re: Room Service

I have never taken any food ashore, but we have found that instead that calling in the morning is faster than that " hang on door' menu which promises service within a 30 minute window . I want my coffee ASAP, and after the first morning (and a$2 tip) I normally get it pronto. The coffe is lousey, made from syrup, but it's caffene. BTW, we normally don't order anything else. The coffee is normally delivered by our cabin person which may account for the fast service..
Have fun, smile a lot, and take it all in stride.
75 year old 18 time cruisers

Diamond 22 Dec 04
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:25 AM
angelalucylee

Can anyone tell me what type of food is available for room service?
Old January 7th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Admiral

angela, you have a room service menu,that's pretty extensive -- you can write in a request for something (keep it basic, and within reason) if you don't see it on the menu. You can also order anything from the dinner menu in the main dining room