Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:00 PM
Rick Wright

Default Cabins on the Caribe Deck

My wife & I are on the 4/2/05 cruise on the Grand out of Galveston. This will be our 3rd cruise, 1st on Princess. Our cabin is C715. Does anyone have any info on this cabin?
On our last cruise (RCL Rhapsody of the Seas) we booked a cabin with a balcony for the 1st time and now we're hooked.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2004, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Cabins on the Caribe Deck

Hi Rick,

We stayed in a balcony sr on the Caribe deck on the Grand three years ago. You will love it. The balconies on the Caribe deck are a bit unique in that they are half covered, half open so you have the privacy from the decks above you (and the weather should you have to deal with rain) and the openness for sun and fun!. We thought they were the best on the ship. Have a great trip. The Grand is sublime

Karen
Old December 3rd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Familiar Face

Rick,

I guess when your getting off the ship we'll be getting on! Be sure to wave
We are booked for same cruise only on the 9th. Also, on the Caribe deck. Everyone I have talked to had positive feedback on the Caribe deck cabins with balconies.
Have a great cruise.

Barb

Old December 4th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Passenger

We are booked for the Grand 3/19/04 and are also on the Carib deck balcony. I have not read one review where someone didn't like this type of balcony. 2 coworkers of mine swear by them.
Old December 5th, 2004, 07:43 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Cabins on the Caribe Deck

Yep... apparently you have a much larger balcony. So what... half of it is uncovered and not private, at least you can lay out and get some sun!
Surely someone from above won't throw stuff down on you. Would they ?
So if the worst to worry about is someone looking down on me, I'll deal with it and take the larger balcony.
Cover your eyes up there cause ya might see something ya shouldn't ; -) !!!!!

Old December 5th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Stella

A great site is cruisestateroom.com. You can view cabin layouts and specs on any ship, and you can put 2 side by side to compare.
Old December 5th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Rick Wriht

Everyone,
Thanks for the great info. I hate to do this to you but a few more questions: hair dryers available & also are there safes in the room? Are lounge chairs on the balcony or just regualr chairs? The cabins on our last 2 cruises were kept nice & cool (the way we like them), are the cabins on the Grand like this also?

I cannot remember if this cabin has a shower only or a shower and a tub.

We booked back in Sept. and time seems to be dragging, can't wait until April when we're finally on the ship.

I appreciate everyone's information, I'm sure I'll think of more questions.

Rick
Old December 5th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Cruisingpeople

Your cabin (c715) is on the starboard side of the ship about 8 cabins from the rear. Yes, there are hair dryers and safes in the rooms. Your balcony is large enough for lounge and regular chairs. If for some reason there aren't any lounge chairs, just ask your room steward and he/she should be able to get them for you. Usually the rooms are cool when you board, but it doesn't take long to cool them down if you keep the sliding doors closed for a while. Your particular cabin has stand-up shower only. Enjoy your cruise Joe
Old December 6th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Rick Wright

Joe,
Thanks for the info, it was very helpful.

Rick