Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Passenger

Default Hotel Near Princess Embarkation

We are booked on the Star Princess for 1-2-05 and would like to find a hotel relatively close to where the boat is docked. Does anyone have any recommendations. Any ideas would be great!
Thanks,
Brad
Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2004, 05:40 PM
cruzingal

Default Re: Hotel Near Princess Embarkation

Most people try for a priceline hotel. Dowtown area 3 stars use to get the Embassy suites but since now that RCI used that hotel for pre and post criuse stays not many people are winning bids for that area. They are getting the Marriot or upgraged to the another hotel. If you want to try go to betterbidding.com which can provide more info.

Now that I have that out of the way your can book the amerisuites through www.valuetrip.com go down to Fort lauderdale and select the amerisuites on 17th street. They offer a free shuttle from the airport and to port everglades. A con. buffet.
I have ressie for next nov through them for 75.00 plus taxes. When I checked through Amerisuites website the cheapest room I could get was 120.00.

I checked the site and if you need a room 1/1/05 then you may not be able to use it unless you confirm it with a credit card. Anyway friday in Jan 05 are 99.00 and Sat. are109.00.

Alot of cruisers use this hotel. You can find out more on this hotel if you check the message baord under hotels.
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Passenger

I just booked Hyatt Regency Pier 66 for 100.00/night post cruise on priceline. 1/23-1/25. Hope that helps. note: I went to 170.00 resort class trying to get the Marriott Harbour Beach with no result. got the Hyatt by bidding 3 star and got upgraded
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your help. We are going to try those today.

Brad
Old December 8th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Admiral

there are a lot of hotels on 17th street which is really close to the pier. We have stayed at the Embassy Suites - very nice, good shuttle service from airport to hotel- hotel to pier. Large rooms, great pool, really good full buffet breakfast (included), happy hour with cocktails and snacks also included.
The Marriott Marina is also another really nice hotel - beautiful grounds, large yachts dock at this hotel. Great pool, really good outdoor snack bar right on the intercoastal waterway.
Both hotels within walking distance of good restaurants, grocery store and strip mall.
Old December 9th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Jen13070

Hi there...

I've always stayed at the RIverside Hotel on East Las Olas Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale. It's a boutiquey type of hotel located on such a great street full of shops and restaurants. The hotel looks like something that you would see in New Orleans. There are tons of things to do and see on Las Olas Blvd. It's really charming. The hotel is less than a twenty minute cab ride to the ship. I also have to say, it's definitely reasonable...and since I've been there, I know that they have done many upgrades and renovations. It's really great.

Have a great cruise!

Jen