Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Beginner

Default Just off the Caribbean Princess any questions

We just got off the magnificant Caribbean princess if any one has any questions I'd be delighted to answer them for you

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2004, 03:59 PM
MiamiNicole

Default Re: Just off the Caribbean Princess any questions

Hope you had a nice trip! We will be on the New Year's sailing (12/26), and we are in our 20's, did you see other passengers in that age range? How were your fellow passengers in general, friendly?? Did you go to Skywalkers? What pool did you most enjoy? How were the dinner selections? Thanks for the answers!! Happy Cruising!
Old December 13th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Beginner

We are actually in our late 20's we didn't go to skywalkers but from what I under stand it had more then a few regulars, there were a supprising number of people there that were our age.We both felt everyone was much more freindly then they were on our first cruise(the dawn princess in april of 02)the Terrace pool at the back of the ship was wonderful it was quite, relaxed, had some cover from sky walkers, and the view off the back was great. The two pools in the middle were a little more active but very nice. and the current pool which is forward we found to be quite romantic after dark.(the forward and the aft pool are adults only)The dinner selections were good http://www.cruisingthecaribbeanprinc...m/theship.htmlhas copies of all the menus and there still the same so take a peak there.We also tried Sabitini's and Sterling both very nice and worth the cover if I missed anything I'll post it later

Old December 13th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Passenger

Did you have Traditional or PC dining. If PC, any recommendations on wait staff.
Thanks
Old December 14th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Lynne &Trevor

We were on the Caribbean Princess in Sept. I thought she was great, too. The Captain had his hands full, as we were kept out to sea two extra days because of Hurricane Jeanne.
This past weekend we were in Ft.Lauderdale with my son and we got to see her in port on Saturday. "Deja vu all over again". I knew where everything was located. I showed Jamie a few of the spots like Skywalker's, the Terrace Pool, the place where Movies Under the Stars was located, and the place where I stood above the Bridge to watch us enter the port on the last morning.

There were a group of cruisers at the Best Western Marina Motel with their suitcases waiting to be picked up for the different terminals.My husband thinks I would have gladly tried to get back on the ship with them!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time!!! Lynne

Old December 19th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Crusing Connie

I am curious who the officers are on the ship? Captain and Chief Engineer?
Thanks
Old December 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Admiral

We sailed the CP on Sept. 11th, 2004. At that time the Captain was:
Nicolo Bommarco
I don't see the Chief Engineers name on any of the "stuff" I have from that cruise.
Happy sailing,
Ken
Old December 20th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Kathy Helstowski

Sailing for the first time this Jan. - 1/8 - 1/15 with family.....Did you go to San Juan inplace of Princess Cays?? Was the formal night, very formal (could my son get away with sport jacket w/turtleneck, no tie?)? How was the weather, I am not sure how to pack?
Old December 20th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Hi Kathy, In Sept. we were dodging hurricanes, so we didn't go anyplace we were supposed to, however Princess Cay is the scheduled stop. I would think that it would be repaired from the storms by then and you will go there. (It's a much better stop than San Juan IMO)
Your son will be just fine in a sport jacket and turtleneck. Formal nights aboard most ships are getting less and less "formal" all the time. Don't worry about it.
Weather in Jan may be a bit cool, but should be just fine. I don't know where you're coming from (the frozen North?), but you should be sure to bring along at least a light jacket, or sweater. ie: We just returned from the Western Caribbean aboard the Splendour of the Seas, and it was quite cool the entire time, but this is not the norm....We got along fine with sweats, and our normal shorts and light cotton clothing for daytime, and regular shirts and slacks, etc for evening.
You'll do fine, and enjoy the cruise. When you return, you'll be "hooked on cruizin" just like the rest of us.
Happy sailing,
Ken
Old December 27th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Familiar Face

Did you stop in San Juan? What was there to do? I also heard that the coffee is not so great. Any suggestions? I've booked the Dolphin deck mini suite. Is the full exposed balcony a problem?
Old December 27th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Re: Just off the Caribbean Princess any questions

Hey Kathy.... My husband and I are also cruising on the Caribbean the 8th. I'm not thrilled about San Juan stop but am definitely looking forward to St Thomas and St Maarten. Since we have been to both ports before we decided to enjoy St Johns and St Barths. Welcome aboard!
Old December 28th, 2004, 10:38 PM
TXFITZ

Hello, A group of my friends and family are considering this ship in early June. We are also considering the Carnaval Valor and the Holland Zuiderdam. Have you been on any of these ships? If so can you compare them for me?
Old December 29th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Beginner

We are considering a cruise in April on the Caribbean Princess. We went on the Golden two years and loved it, but the reviews I have read on the review sites have not been very favorable. We have been on about 9 cruises and were looking forward to the Caribbean Princess. What were your thoughts??? Have you sailed with Princess before - any comparisons with other Princess boats or other cruise lines. Thanks for the info!!
Old January 2nd, 2005, 07:26 PM
Beginner

I'm getting ready now to sail the Caribbean Princess 1/15, and looking so forward to it. I have admired the Princess ships many times as I'm sailing out of port on other cruise lines. To the one question about the Zuiderdam.....I don't recommend it myself. The food was medioker, and it wasn't as clean as other ships. Our toilet was filthy when we first got on board, and one of my friends had to ask to have her linens changed after she had makeup on the sheets for 2 nights. The crew just didn't attempt to go out of their way. But, I'm anxious to check out Princess.