Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2004, 11:56 PM
Lisa58

Default Alt Dinning rooms on Grand Princess

Can anyone tell me how much do the alt dinning rooms charge and how good is the food and is it worth spending the extra money? We are booked for 1/29 from galveston tx
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
Ernie

Default Re: Alt Dinning rooms on Grand Princess

Sabatini's is outstanding and worth the $20 extra. I understand the Southwest restaurant on the Grand might be replaced by the Sterling Steak House. If it is, the price could be an extra $8 or $10 per person, well worth it. The Southwest restaurant that was there on on the Grand on my cruise last May was not good at all and not worth any extra cost.
You might consider making advance reservations for Sabatini's now, before your cruise. Just call Princess and chose your night and time. This alternate restaurant sometimes is hard to get into unless you want to eat at 10PM or at 5:30PM.
Old December 25th, 2004, 08:38 PM
robertj668

Lisa58

We were on the Grand in November (their first cruise out of Galveston)
Sabatini's we were told by other that it was excellent! And worth the money. It was 20pp. The steak house is in deed as Ernie stated above is in the Old South western Restaurant called the "Painted Desert" is Now the Sterling Steak house. It is $15pp Though we had terrible service that night (new waiter) the food was excellent! The Shrimp were the size of some lobster tails we have gotten from some restaurants! Ok well almost.

I am guessing that the service has improved since our November Cruise.

Steaks were excellent!
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:27 PM
3nfull

We just returned from a cruise on the Grand Princess. The only alt dining worth booking is Sabatinis. Painted Desert is mediocre, at best. Overall, the food is average on the ship. Avoid the Horizon Court (open 24 hrs.) for breakfast and eat in the dining rooms. Horizon does a much better job at lunch and even dinner.
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Michelle Potchak

Ernie,
I actually called last night, and the princess rep said they cannot pre-reserve Sabatini's or Sterlings. I have to wait til I get on board.
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:21 PM
JudiHIck

We just returned from the Grand over the holidays.

While we were still in port, Princess had set up stations in some of the main areas, and you could make your reservations for the two resturants. Do not waste your money on the Steak House. The food was ok, but the service was terrible.

Try to eat in the dining rooms when ever possible. The Horizon Court food tastes all the same. It usually looked like last night leftover's warmed up.

You can easily get in and out of the two Personal Choice dining rooms easily, and timely.

We always had a great server, and wonderful food.

Enjoy!
Old January 6th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Michelle Potchak

Thanks Judi! Good to know! I am sure I will be posting a complete review when I get back from my trip!