Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun......

Thanks, Dan. We have a few places here to check out. We are starting to really look forward to the cruise even though we have had lots of trouble with Princess Customer Relations Dept. They luckily found the cameras we lost in our backpack on the way to the airport after our Alaska Cruise in Sept. I was so excited they found them.

They sent the bag to us in November and only one camera was in the bag. Since then we have tried to let them know we didn't steal our own camera as one supervisor said. I even sent them the receipts from the replacement we purchased before Thanksgiving. Now they say they can't do anything for us. I was even going to offer a reward for the two disks full of pictures from our Panama Cruise last March and Alaska in Sept., but they wouldn't post it. We were hoping for some onboard credits as some compensation for them losing our camera (about $ 790.00). All they offered my husband was $50.00 on the phone last week. Just can't understand this type of customer service. It just doesn't seem like the Princess service we have always received on the ship.

After all of this problem we really weren't looking to this cruise until I came upon all of you. You should be the Customer Relations Dept. as they suck!!! I don't understand why they won't return our calls or let us talk to the Dept. Head. My travel agent, who I got started on Princess, can't even get ahold of anyone of any authority.

Enough about that. We are looking forward to meeting all of you. I will be looking for Mardi Gras beads this Sat. I am afraid I will have to wear clothing with mine!!! I still have to cancel one of my prereserved tours. We are going to go to St. John to look around and snorkel as we have never been there before. I have booked a Princess tour that takes the ferry and goes to Trunk Bay. After that we will probably stay in Cruz Bay and have a bite to eat and shop.

Hope the weather improves. Looks like it will be raining a lot next week. Hope I haven't scared all of you off this thread.

Judi

Post Edited (01-13-05 19:49)
Old January 14th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Truecruz

Default Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun......

Just checked on our itinerary on the Princess website and Princess Cays has been reinstated as one of our port stops - just thought I'd let everyone know.
Terri
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Passenger

That's great. We wouldn't have gotten to do much in San Juan getting there so late. I haven't checked the itinerary. Which day do we go to Princess Cays? Also, are you guys really wearing mardi gras beads?

Judi
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to maggiehar

Terri,
Wha-hoo! I'm so glad to hear that Princess Cays is up and ready to go. That place is absolutly the best. Can you believe that we are almost into the countdown week. Only 2 more days of work! Still have lots to do but now that Princess Cays is back on I'm even more excited. I'm telling my twin girls good-bye tomorrow-going to watch them cheer at college. I've finished all the shopping for the cruise wear and even managed to find a new swimsuit.

8 more days!

Maggie
Old January 15th, 2005, 11:59 AM
rustyboy

Great news that the Princess Cays is open again. I've already booked a cabana and some water floats for the day.

Judi - We're wearing the beads for sure - hopefully everyone else will be in party mode as we sail away from port. What better way to start the week off?
Old January 16th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Passenger

Dan - How did you book the cabana, etc. already? I didn't see that offered on Princess Cruises site. Still trying to find our beads. If we can't find mardi gras beads we may have to wear the little shell beads they give you in Hawaii.
Judi
Old January 16th, 2005, 02:24 PM
rustyboy

Judi,

We booked the cabana through the Princess Personalizer shore excursion site under Princess Cays. My understanding is that there are only a few available so the eariler you book it the better. We are there I believe on Friday the last stop of the three ports were visiting.

Don't worry abou t the 'Mardi Gras' beads you can were whatever beads you can find. We're just using the beads to help identify each other.

Dan
Old January 17th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Rustynail

Before we sail let's have a Role CAll for everyone joining us on our cruise.

Dan and L'Anne Toronto Canada
Maggie and Paul
Terri and Jay South Carolina
Doug and Wife (fill in name here........................)
Judi and Husband (fill in name here.........................)

Anyone else I missed? There are many more over on the Cruise Critic board ready for the sail away get together so I hope all of you can make it.

Right after the muster drill at the Outriggers Lounge with Beads around your neck (hopefully Paul's got at least shorts on with his beads) and drinks in hand.

Dan
Old January 17th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Truecruz

Hi Guys - Is everyone as ready as I am to go on this cruise???? Except for last minute hair and makeup stuff I AM PACKED!!! Despite all my planning and research I think it has finally "hit" me today and I'm getting little nervous "butterflies" in excitement.

Judi - I think they've cut off reservations on the Princess website for Princess Cays. I would try as soon as you get on board if you really want a cabana. Someone posted on the CruiseCritic site that there were only twelve of them available, so it may be somewhat dificult. We'll be in Princess Cays on Friday.

Maggie - we really enjoyed PCays on our last trip as well - missed it on our Grand cruise due to high seas (couldn't tender) so it was our first trip. We got out early and had the beach pretty much to ourselves for a while and then headed back and were able to enjoy the ship while everyone was still on the beach. I've got three more days of work then a day of appointments (hair, pedicure, etc). Woo Hoo!!!!!!

Here's to next week at this time...... Cheers!

Terri
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Passenger

Hi again. My husband got some mardi gras beads today. I have extras as they came in a pack if anyone needs one. Our plane lands at 7:15am in Ft. Lauderdale on Sat. morning. I suppose we will have to wait awhile for Princess to pick us up. We will have some bkfst as they don't feed you anymore on the plane.

Our names are Judi and Mike McCrea from Pleasanton, CA.

See you soon.
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Hi Terri,
Thanks for the advice. Last time we were at Princess Cays it was hot and muggy. Don't think it will be that hot this time though. See you Saturday.
Judi
Old January 17th, 2005, 06:33 PM
rustyboy

Hey Judi,

L'Anne and I are wearing a wack of beads around our necks. See you Saturday. Have a safe trip.

Dan & L'Anne
Old January 17th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Just think guys...this time next week. I'm down to 2 more days of work and then a day of pampering. I can't believe that I will be in the warm sunny caribbean in January and then a day at Princess Cays. Life just doesn't get much better.

Terri-I can't believe that you're packed. I need to get going. I'm still working on the Formal night. Found a new dress today so we'll see. I was wondering what dinner you had. We have PC dinner and I was planning on eating around 7 each night. I would love to catch a sunset. Our group is also planning on going to the steak house one night.

We fly in on Friday so we will all be at the port bright and early and ready for some sun.

See you there...it's going to be great!

Maggie
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Rustynail

We're going to try Sterlings on the last night of the cruise so we can savour the memory for a long time to come.

Can't wait to watch football on Sunday on the big screen in the middle of the sunny Carribean!

YAHOO.................let the party get started.............................

Dan & L'Anne
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Truecruz

I am so envious of you guys who are getting to FLL on Friday - you'll get a head start on your vacation!!! We fly out at 8:30 on Sat and get into FLL around 11:00 am - right during the mad rush to embark. Maybe I can get a bloody mary "to go" at the airport to help me through the long wait!!!

Maggie - we have PC Dining, there are things I miss not doing Traditional dining, but the freedom of eating whenever I darn well please far outweighs the benefits of traditional for me. In the past we've eaten dinner around 7:30 - 8:00 or so. Since we've been eating all day its certainly not a matter of being hungy. Not planning on hitting any of the alternative dining spots on this cruise - but I'm keeping my options open.
I love to watch the sunset at sea as well, even caught the sunrise on our last cruise - that was spectacular. We'll be cruising during the full moon this month as- really would like to see the moon rise - I'd better check and find out exactly which day it is full.

judi - you've got a long night of flying before you hit FLL if you're getting in at 7:00 am!! I've tried but can never sleep on the red-eye!! Hope you have better luck than I do.

I'm sure my husband will want to watch some if not all of the play off game Sunday - I could care less myself - think I'll try to find a quiet spot by the aft pool that day for some good sunning and reading. Went to the bookstore Saturday to stock up for the cruise - I now have 4 books, hope they'll last the entireity of the cruise and flight home.

Next week at this time.....!

Terri
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Passenger

Terri,
I'm sure my husband will watch some of the game. We will be flying all night with one stop in Las Vegas for about an hour. Don't think I will sleep much, but Mike can sleep anywhere!! On our cruise docs it says the boarding doesn't begin until 1:00pm. I hope they will have a place for us to wait until they take us to the ship. If you don't have enough books, they have a nice library on board and you can check something out.
Judi
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Passenger

Hi all.
We have traditional late dining because we aren't hungry early. We may try the steakhouse also one night.
Judi and Mike
Old January 18th, 2005, 09:43 AM
Passenger

Terri,
I was just checking the weather in St. Thomas and it said there will be a full moon there on Jan. 25th. If it is not too cloudy we should be able to see it.
Judi
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun....

I love the full moon idea. I hope it works. We're going to give PC dinning a chance this time. I just love waiters that get to know you so maybe we can make that happen. The shows are fun but I'm not going to plan my week around them. You already know how we feel about Bert. We really enjoy him.

Football game sound fun. Go Falcons!

This time next week.......

Maggie
Old January 19th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Passenger

Got out all of our clothing yesterday. I have to cut down on what I bring. I always bring too much clothing. Mike is all packed. Just a last few things to finish up here and at work. Getting more excited every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Judi
Old January 19th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Rustynail

Judi - we had to pay $50.00 US extra last year because we A) brought too much down with us and B) purchased too much on our trip.

We also are trying to narrow it down abb it for this cruise.

See you all on Saturday............S . A . T. U . R . D .A .Y .
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:07 PM
albeyd

Per the Princess Web cam -- Postion: Enroute to Princess Cays.
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:58 PM
Cruisingpeople

For those of you that have time to check this board one more time, Hope you have good weather and a great cruise. Anyone leaving from the northeast, it looks like you are going to get out of here just in time before the big storm hits. Again, HAVE A GREAT CRUISE. Joe & Amelia