Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2004, 01:31 PM
Rustynail

Default Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun......

Who's cruising with us?
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun......

WE ARE!!! Just can't wait...need the rest and relaxation!!

See you there!!
Old December 29th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Rustynail

You said it...can't wait. A group sailing together on the Jan 22nd cruise are all getting together after the muster drill for a sail away party at the Outrigger Lounge.

Grab some Mardi Gras beads (to identify ourselves) and join us!

Look forward to meeting eveyone aboard.

Dan
Old December 31st, 2004, 12:14 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to maggiehar

We are in with a group of 6. I've been counting the days for months. Do you have any idea on how to dress this cruise. We sailed in June on the CP and I'm planning on bringing the same thing just wondered how much cooler I could expect. Anything will be better than the cold that we are leaving here. Have you sailed the CP before. If not, you're in for a treat.

Maggie
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:59 PM
Truecruz

Default Re: Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun......

Hi Maggie - I've sailed this itinerary in January before and it has always been very nice weather - 80's during the day and cooler at night particularly on deck AND in the dining rooms and show lounges. I will be wearing summer attire - tank tops and shorts during the day (and bathing suits of course!) but I'll pack a cardigan, too just in case. I always bring a pashmina wrap (quite frankly I don't care if they're OUT this season) for the evenings because it is always so cool inside. I'm starting to get SO very excitied, can't believe we only have 19 days left....I've got alot to do!!!

True
Old January 3rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun....

True,
We're going to have to meet you. I'm Maggie's husband and I responded to you a while back about Bert the piano player being really bad, etc. What was the plan again for finding you guys? Was I supposed to throw some mardis gras beads at you or something? Seriously, where are you meeting again and when?

Thanks also for the weather information. We weren't sure how it would be in January. A little cool at night I guess. Might be fun for movie night under the blankets with Mrs. Harrison.

See you there.
Paul
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Truecruz

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the fun

Paul - Yes I remember you...the Bert Stratton fan with the odd sense of humor that I very much appreciated. We have a group over at the Cruise Critic site (about 35-40 of us) who have been corresponding over the past couple of months or so. Our plan is to meet just after the muster drill on Saturday at the Outrigger Bar which is on the Lido deck aft wearing mardi gras beads so as to recognize each other. We'd love for you and your crew to join us - the more the merrier.!! Have been getting into full preparation mode here - shopping, tanning, planning, listing, scheduling...etc...as much as I'm looking forward to this vacation - I'm really going to NEED one after all this.

Terri aka "True"
Old January 4th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carribean Princess Jan 22, 2005 Join the

Terri,
Please excuse Paul's humor. I'm not sure where it comes from. I'll make sure that the only one he throws beads at is me. I can hardly wait til we sail. There is so much to do. We are flying down the day before and we're looking for a good deal on a room. Any advice? Hoping for some colder weather here. It just doesn't seem right to be going to the sunny caribbean when it is so warm here.

Maggie
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Rustynail

Paul - In order to throw beads at the women the guys must be in their speedo's!

I think I'll stick to just plan wearing my beads.. thanks. lol

See you aboard.

Dan
Old January 5th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Beginner

I don't know Dan, I think I'd rather have you wearing your Speedo rather than just the beads. For all of us sake.
Paul
Old January 6th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Rustynail

You think you'd reconize me without my beads?
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Beginner

No Dan, I just don't think I want to meet you if the only thing you're wearing is beads!!!!!
Old January 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Truecruz

Beads, please...clothing, please...no Speedos, please!!! And no bead throwing...at least not so early in the cruise!

Maggie - We've always flown down the day of our cruise so I really don't know much about any hotels in FLL, from what I understand most of them provide shuttles to and from the pier as well as parking. Several people on the CruiseCritic board are staying at the Marriott (I think)....I've also heard the Renaissance mentioned as a nice place as well as Embassy Suites. I'm with you on the weather thing...it has been unseasonably mild here with temperatures in the 70's. Checked accuweather.com today and things should start to cool down a bit by NEXT Saturday with highs in the mid 50's. I'll start checking accuweather for the Caribbean next week, I recently read a review of the Carib Princess and the weather was not good during their Xmas cruise: rainy and highs in the 70's. Yuk - we'll get that HERE tomorrow!!! At least if it stays warm I won't have to worry about ruining my pedicure by having to put on shoes and socks!!!
If I remember correctly, ya'll have a ten year old daughter as well - have you worked out all her arrangements while you'll be gone? I told my daughter the other day she was going to have to cruise with us in the future because trying to cover all her "stuff" in our absence was FAR too much work! She was very pleased to hear that!
I was so excited to buy sunscreen today...how silly is that????
Terri
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Terri,
So far the little 10 year old is settled with the grandparents and the 15year old son is with a friend. Our oldest girls (twins) want them to come to school and spend the weekend with them. Might work but I would rather have them safe at home. I have lots to do but this trip is a little easier since it's just me and Paul. Last summer we all sailed on the CP and had a blast. Your going to love this ship. All of our kids are ready to sail again and a little upset that they are staying behind.

Believe it or not but I couldn't find any sunscreen tonight. On the list for the weekend. Counting the days and looking foward to meeting all of the cruisemates. Bought the beads today but I made Paul leave the speedo in the drawer.

E-mail me with any questions you may have about the ship.

Maggie
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:46 PM
judimccrea

Hi all. My husband and will also be traveling on this cruise. Would love to meet other couples. Our last cruise was to Alaska in Sept. Has anyone been to St John or St. Maarten? We are trying to prereserve our tours. Any suggestions?
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Passenger

Hi all. My husband and I will be on the cruise with you. Hope to be able to meet some of you. Any suggestions for tours?
Old January 7th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Rustynail

Wow- lot's of new people sailing with our group! Welcome judi and travelgirl. You could find our group on the Cruise Critic message boards under the Princess roll call section titled Carribean Princess Jann 22, 05 Who's Going..................We's love you to join our sail away party just after the muster drill at the Outrigger Lounge. The only two things you'll need is a drink in hand and to wear some Mardi Gras beads to identify yourselves.

Hey Paul - give me at least until mid-week to run around in only my beads! My wife got wind of Maggie hiding your speedo so she took my powder blue thong out of the suitcase.......... oh well I still have Orient beach to look forward to! lol

Dan
Old January 7th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Truecruz

No powder blue thong, Dan??? I'm disappointed!

Maggie - thanks for your assistance with Paul's speedo.. then again, I don't know what he looks like -- maybe I'm missing out NOT seeing him so attired! I found my sunscreen at CVS, right beside the Xmas clearance. Sounds like you have a crew to make arrangments for during your cruise, I think I'd lose my mind. One busy little 10 year old is enough for me. Are you bringing evening wear for the cruise or will you skip the dining room on formal nights??? Every cruise I go on seems to be less and less formal, how did you find the Carib Princess this summer? I'm still undecided on which dresses to bring.

Judi - I've been to both St. John and St. Maarten - did you have specific questions about them? I prefer St. John to St. Thomas, it is absolutely beautiful but a bit more difficult to get to than just a taxi to Coki or Magens. We are big fans of Orient Beach in St. Martin, just love kicking back in a lounge chair having someone bring me cold beers in such a beautiful place. I've heard the Golden Eagle is a great shore excursion as is the Americas Cup regatta, I've done neither, so I can't speak from experience I'm afraid.

This is getting rather long winded, I'm off work today and supposed to be cleaning house, instead I'm spending the day on the computer! Better get to work.
Terri
Old January 7th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Rustynail

Terri - I'm still a little confused as to the dining situation. As you probably know we opted for PC dining for the very first time. On formal nights we like to get dressed up and enjoy the atmosphere. Does having PC dining mean that we can't participate in the 'formal dining' experience? Would the Palm be similar to the 'traditional' dining room which leaves the Cafe Caribe to be the less formal of the three.

Help .... I'm confused!

Dan
Old January 7th, 2005, 04:21 PM
truecruz

All dining on formal nights whether tradtional or PC will give you the "formal experience". The Island, Coral, and Palm dining rooms all "require" formal wear (on the two formal nights) even though two of them are PC and the other traditional. If you aren't interested in dressing up for dinner you can go to the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe in more casual wear. Although - on our last cruise the Princess Patter stated that formal wear was requested THROUGHOUT the ship for the duration of the evening. To me that would mean in the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe as well, but I don't think that is adhered to very strictly. Many people change immediately after dinner - doesn't matter one whit to me - whatever works for you - isn't that what vacation is all about?
Terri
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Passenger

Terri,
Actually, I can't complain about Paul in his speedo but I don't want the other men to feel inferior. I'll repack it if you would like the thrill. lol This summer the CP was absolutely wonderful. We had the best vacation ever. I'm planning on bringing 2-3 black coctail dresses. That is pretty much what everyone has wore this summer. There were several tuxes and a few long dresses. It seemed as if most people stayed dressed for the night. Those that didn't kinda stuck out and were the first to be picked on at the shows. We were scared to change. We had traditional 1st seating and we never missed. I'm sure that those that ate at the buffet were more casual. I will say the the food at the buffets was very good. esp the Caribe. That is a little more formal and not as crowded.(I think) Don't forget how good the pizza is during the day. I can just taste it now.

As far as excurisons....we're nerds. We like to do absoutely nothing when we cruise. We went to a beach last time in St. Thomas and were disappointed. I think it was Saphire Beach. Paid a fortune for a taxi to take us there and it was nothing. The shopping is good in St Marteen if you like daimonds and who doesn't. You do need to be careful and know what your looking for.

It's going to be great. And Dan....bring on the thong!
Old January 10th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Rustynail

Hi all,

We definately do perfer to dress up for formal night so I will book the Palm.

We also have chosen not to book any excursion for this cruise, rather we'll do our own thing ie beach and shopping.

Can anyone recommend a nice beach in St. Thomas?

Last full week of work!

Dan
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:08 AM
albeyd

Ok, I can't take this anymore. I will be travelling with Paul and Maggie.**PAUL PLEASE LEAVE THE SPEEDO AT HOME!!!!

2nd cruise on the CP with Paul and Maggie. 1st time was on the CP 4th voyage and we had a blast. (Paul didn't bring is his speedo) 12 more days till we cruise away!

Doug
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Truecruz

Doug - You're ruining all my fun - and we haven't even gotten on board yet!!!
The way I figure it we've got a couple of possibilities here in regards to Paul's Speedo:
1) Paul shows up in his speedo and we are all very admiring of and impressed with his incredible (ahem) physique
or on the other hand
2) Paul shows up in his speedo and we all are unrestrainedly amused.
Either way its win/win for us. ( Apologies to Paul for even mentioning the latter possibility - hope you won't hold it against me) Men in speedos are not USUALLY my cup of tea, but I'll make an exception in your case, Paul.

Maggie - have decided on one short red cocktail dress and one black long (but not very dressy) dress. Which of the formal nights was more formal?? Love diamonds - and emeralds - bought an emerald bracelet in St. Maarten a couple of trips ago...think I'll skip the jewelry stores this time. My bar bill at Orient Beach will be more than enough for the budget!

We've booked one excursion for St. Thomas - the Kon Tiki party Boat trip. Thought we might be ready for something besides lounging on the beach - then again I'm not sure that is ever something you get tired of, is it??? Wish I was lounging on a beach right now!
Terri
Old January 11th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Rustynail

Paul,

You've got BIG pants to fill buddy!
Old January 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Passenger

I can tell by the post that we are all in for one heck of a cruise. No comment on the blue thong or the speedo. I''m sure after enough drinks we will all look pretty good no matter what we are wearing...beads, speedo or thong. lol

So far, no excursions for us or shopping. The shopping didn't work very well for us last time. As long as there is sun and food I'll be happy.

10 more days...wha-hoo!

Maggie
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Beginner

Ok, the only question now is...................which color Speedo to wear? Doug, which one are you bringing so I'll know how to coordinate? Dan, I'm not sure if I can really fill any big pants (Maggie loves me anyway), maybe Doug can. This group is going to be too fun.
Paul
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Passenger

Hi all. just got back to this computer site. We would love to join you after muster and will have a drink in hand. But where do we get mardi gras beads??????
For some reason I am signed on as judimccrea and travelgirl. Can't seem to get it straight.
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Passenger

Hi again. Thanks for some advice on tours, but now I am double booked and have to delete a couple. The KonTike is on a waitlist. Has anyone been snorkeling off St. Thomas or St. John? My husband wants to snorkel this time. Only a little over a week to go!!!
Old January 13th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Rustynail

Hi,
we got our Mardi Gras beads from one of those party stores that does everything from loot bags for kids to parties for every occasion, holiday or event known to man.

we look forward to meetin ya all. eh!

Dan