Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2005, 08:51 PM
deejaybee

Default Is a Mexican cruise cold?

I will be sailing on the Dimond Princess in early april. I have taken several caribbean cruises and the weather is always great (hot and humid... even at night). I live in Orange County near the beach and every night, even in the summer, it gets quite chilly. My questions are., Is it cold every night? How are the days? Can I tan or is it too chilly? Does it get humid?
Thank you
Chris
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Is a Mexican cruise cold?

Chris,
Since you live in Orange County (I live in L.A. County) you have already answered some of your question. As you know it is much cooler at sea along the California coast throughout the year versus being inland. With that said, it should be in the 80's during the day and the 70's at night at all 3 Mexican ports. It might even hit into the low 90's in P.V. The humidity should not be bad but tanning will be available fine except maybe the first and last day at sea.

Steve Hayes
Old January 16th, 2005, 12:25 PM
First Mate

It is a little cool on the first sea day and the last, but otherwise very nice the entire trip. We traveled approx. one month ago and it was in the low 80's each day in between.
Old January 16th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

I concur with the above posters. We did this trip in early April, and it was cooler on the first and last day, but not that cool. We didn't even wear jackets, as I remember. It was chilly the first night, out of L.A., but after that, pretty nice.............. I think we took a windbreaker, but only wore it on deck the very first evening..
Have a great cruise!

Old January 17th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Feingold

We did this cruise the beginning of December. It was a little chilly the first and last day, and kind of rough seas the last day (which I think is typical sailing out of LA).
Old January 17th, 2005, 01:49 PM
bdlee73

I cruised the Mexican Riviera many years ago in late Feb. Puerto Vallarta was in the upper 80s. Mazatlan and Cabo were also in the 80s. Most of the sea days were very nice. We did have one windy and rainy night sailing between Cabo and Mazatlan.
Old January 17th, 2005, 08:00 PM
deejaybee

Thank you everyone for the responses! It has been very helpfull. How is the humidity? Humidity is great because it keeps the air warm even if the air tempature is cool.

Does anyone know if Princess has a reggae band on the Mexican riveria cruises? Any other tips?

Thank you all!
Old January 17th, 2005, 11:52 PM
First Mate

It was more humid (but heck, we live in Las Vegas so it was really humid to us) but not enough to make you sweat. The humidity did make it feel warmer during the sea days.

There was a reggae band one day by the pool, so sorry I can't remember which day, but it was one of the port days.

Post Edited (01-18-05 00:53)