Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Mike H.

Default Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean Voyager itinery update...

Received word from Princess that "NASSAU" will be taking the place of "PRINCESS CAYS" on the 1/18/05 sailing.

I asked about Graneda and was told the are reciving quite a few complaints about conditions and may not have a port call there.

Mike H.
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2004, 08:14 AM
mike f

Default Re: Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean Voyager itinery update...

hey mike, my wife and I are leaving on the sun princess in 2 days ( the 29th)..I sure hope the divert us to somewhere like barbados as I am not real keen about seeing a damaged/hurricane riddled country. Or they could just skip it and stay at sea and give us a $200.00 ship credit. When you talked to princess did they say if another port of cal was in the works?????
Old December 26th, 2004, 01:33 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the info Mike H.going 4/8/05 and was wondering if they are going to change any ports. Heard Grenada was a mess, don't think they can rebuild in so little time. Still a few months off so we'll see.

Old December 26th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Mike H.

Default Re: Re: Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean Voyager itinery updat

The Princess "rep" got a bit angry when I pressed the "if Graneda is canceled where will we go question". I never got an answer. I saw on one of the other "boards" that a sailing that went out in November did have a port call at Barbados instead of Graneda; from what I've seen and heard I hope Princess does go for Barbados.

Mike H.
Old December 26th, 2004, 03:15 PM
WJ

For your info, I was in grenada in nov , island except for normal hurricane damage, torn roofs, sidings so forth, , was operating, beaches fine, and island tours fine, downtown is damaged , but u can go to shops where locals buy at rt near center of town and get same stuff as the small touristshops that are closed. grenada still beautiful, just be prepared for lots of armed guards carrying guns and machetes, but was safe i was around entire island.
Old December 26th, 2004, 07:44 PM

Im on the Jan 8th sailing and were getting a extra day at sea instead of going to Princess Cays. Princess Cays is the best stop too. The rest of the Islands are just a bunch of crap.

The day at sea is nice. I wish that they would not stop anywhere and just be at sea for 10 days.
Old December 27th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Yeoman

Wel I have to agree Princess Cays is a nice stop, and if we were on a sailing that substituted Nassua for PC then we would in fact just have another " sea day" as we would stay on the ship.

As for Grenada being safe, it well may be, but most cruise ship type travellers are not going to be comfortable anywhere there is armed guards patrolling with guns and machetes!!! In fact most travellors of any type would find that less then appealling, what a shame since those places hit by the hurricane really do need the cash infusions from the tourist to get back on their feet.
Old December 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM
First Mate

The armed guards are needed I'm sure, but when we were docked at the Isle of Margarite we also had national guard around, it didn't ruin our time there BUT you are aware of their presence. We really liked Grenada and had a wonderful time there, since we were there I think we will opt for staying on the ship. But April is a few months away and I'm anxious to see what will be happening on that island at that time.

Old December 28th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Eve

Princess hasn't told us of the itinerary change, but I noticed it in the cruise personalizer. I got my cruise documents last week for the January 18 sailing and it makes no mention of the switch from Princess Cay to Nassau. Haven't heard anything about Grenada being switched or skipped. Would love another sea day anyway.