Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Default Grand class - bridge observation area?

Question for anyone familiar with the Grand class ships.....

I recently saw a picture of a Grand class ship, and there were people standing on top of the bridge. Obviously not "on the bridge" where the ship is controlled, but on the outside deck on top of the bridge.

I was on the Grand Princess in 2002, and don't remember being able to walk out on top of the bridge.

Can passengers walk out on top of the bridge to an observation area of sorts? Looked pretty cool, but I just don't remember that being open to passengers. Maybe something has changed.

We're going on the Diamond on 1/15 and I'm guessing it would be the same.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Grand class - bridge observation area?

We were on the Lido deck on the Grand. As I remember....if you go up to the Sun Deck and walk all the way forward....there was an open area above the bridge. Lots of nooks and crannys on that ship that weren't discovered by most of the pasengers - most stayed to the rail area on either side....due to the wind.

Have fun!
Old January 29th, 2005, 08:27 AM
First Mate

If you go all the way forward on the exterior of the Sun Deck (deck 15) you will find a forward observation area above the bridge. There are gates that when unlocked allow you to walk directly on top of the bridge. They were locked last time out, but I have taken pictures from atop the bridge on previous cruises.
Old January 29th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to WalkOnDeck Send a message via MSN to WalkOnDeck

When I was on the Grand 2 years ago in the Caribbean the area atop the bridge was closed off.....then a few months later on the Star to Alaska, the area was open, and it was fun......you could practically lean into the wind and it would hold you up!