Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:42 AM
First Mate

Default Princess Cays

Does anyone have news on how the repair effort is going? We are schedules for a stop in mid Feb. with the Dawn. I see according to Princess web site, we are still scheduled but prior cruises arn't. Has anyone gotten an answer from Princess? I emailed through the captains circle but got no response.
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Princess Cays

We were scheduled for Princess Cays on the 1-2-05 Star Princess. They cancelled that stop and we are now going to Costa Maya. No word on when it's going to reopen.
Old December 30th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are scheduled to stop on Feb 12 at Princess Cays the cruise before us has been changed but ours hasn't yet. I hope we are one of the first ones I don't want to spend another day at sea.
Old December 31st, 2004, 11:07 AM
First Mate

I read on another board that the work on Princess Cays in all done. According to the author, Princess just need the work to be signed off and it can re open. I pray it true.
Old December 31st, 2004, 03:34 PM
Mike H.

We are doing a 10 day on the Sun Princess starting on 1/18.05. Our last stop was to be Princess Cays. We were informed last week that we will go to Nassau instead. I asked the rep when the cays would return to the normal schedule and was told it could be as late as July 2005.
Old December 31st, 2004, 06:38 PM
SaraG

princess cays is unable to be seen still.... i just got off the sun, we were supposed to go but we went to nassau instead.
Old January 4th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

Anybody knows where the Caribbean Princess docks instead of Princess Cays ?
Is it Nassau, is it Port Maya or somewhere else ?
Thanks for sharing the information.

Caribbean Princess
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Caribbean Princess goes to San Juan instead of Cays
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:25 AM
abg

It depends on the ship. Just got off the Caribbean Princess and we stopped at Nassau instead...some people go to Old San Juan.....we did not find out till a week before our cruise.
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:28 PM
SarahJ

East is going to Nassau. West is going to Costa Maya.
Old January 5th, 2005, 12:28 PM
SarahJ

Sorry, some East are also going to San Juan.
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:02 PM

Im on the Sun Princess Jan 8 and we just have an extra day at sea and $15 per person. I love Princess Cays I think it's the best Island out of all of the stops. I rather have the extra sea day instead of going to another island which has beggers.
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

thanks, I don't care much about not going to Princess Cays, not that I don't want to go there, but when things aren't ready yet, you can't do much about it.
Also we haven't been in Nassau or San Juan before, so that wouldn't be a problem for us.

Caribbean Princess
Old January 7th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Read on another board that Princess hasn't re-newed the lease on Princess Cays and no work has been done on the Island!!!!!
Old January 7th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Susan9999

I spoke with Princess yesterday to ask some questions about my booking for the 3/27/05 Star Princess. When I asked about Princess Cay she said her info for now says we will not go there. The cruise personalizer however shows it is still Princess Cays. She did leave the door open that we might still have a chance to go. She said there was no decision on what port would be replace although I assume it will be Costa Maya. I am disappointed too as I was looking forward to that being a relaxing (hopefully hassle free) time on the beach. I hope something changes for the better here.

It is interesting to note that if you look into a Star Princess western carribbean cruise on expedia it shows the intinerary includes Majuhaul rather than Princess Cay.
Old January 8th, 2005, 05:57 AM
Sixpk56

Default Re: Re: Princess Cays

We are sailing on the same ship and date as you.
On the itinerary that you can see on the web it shows no change for us as of yet.
This is out first time and we are really looking forward to going.
Old January 8th, 2005, 09:25 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Princess Cays

We are also on this cruise (Star, March 27). It is our first cruise so I guess we won't "feel" the difference too much. But it sure sounded like an awesome place to go. My travel agent also said that they did not know when it will be opened.
Old January 8th, 2005, 04:45 PM
septembersong

my parents left today on the sun princess and at this moment i can see the bridge cam that states that they are on their way to st. thomas... the ship left port at 10.20 pm gmt. my parents were told last week that the ship is not calling at the cays and that they are having an extra day on board

hope this helps
Old January 9th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Beginner

Has anyone received a definitive answer if PC will ever be a port again?. Are there any travel agents out there that can get an answer?
Old January 10th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Susan9999

Hi to those of you going on the Star March 27th. It seems kind of soon now. Any good tips on hotels? We have the Ramada booked. Has anyone stayed there and if so how is it? It is supposed to be remodeled recently I think. They provide transportation from airport and to cruise terminal.
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Passenger

We are on the same ship. We are going down the day before and staying at the Marriott. From anything that I've seem about it seems to be all good. We are also planning on visiting the Sawgrass Mall which has a total of 400 oulet and stores there.

Old January 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Yeoman

Another site says that Princess still hasn't got a contract with the Bahama people. According the them, the Bahamas want to raise the rent considerably.

Another report said that Princess won't complete any more construction until the contract is worked out. There seems to be some sort of problem about who is responsible for what repairs e.g. who is responsible for the road leading into the site.

Another report is that it will difinitely be ready for the Feb. 5th and 6th sailings.

My opinion is that this is probably all rumors or conjecture.

Carnival Inspiration
Old January 11th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Beginner

Isn't it unfortunate that princess can't address this matter of importance to its clientele!
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:44 AM
First Mate

We are on the Sun 4/8/05 and Princess Cays is the last stop. However after reading this post I wonder if we will go there. If not that means we have two sea days in the beginning and at the end, if they opt for a sea day instead of Prin.Cays. Why not tell the people instead of everyone guessing. We don't mind sea days but it would be nice to know. Our TA doesn't have any info from Princess. Final payment is due end of Jan. if I didn't lose money on the airfare I would think about cancelling this cruise. We also take in Grenada and everyone knows this island isn't what it use to be, no fault of the locals it was the hurricane damage. Feel sorry for the people but why not opt for another island instead?? I suppose by stopping we help with the economy and I'm for that reason. Don't want to complain, but air has been rescheduled three times and we have until April so who knows.

Old January 12th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Passenger

it seems that a few of us are on the same cruise, same date of departure. We are going down the day before we will be flying outta Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
We are staying at the Marriott. What is everybody else doing.??

Old January 12th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

The last time we went to Princess Cay it was pouring, so noone went anyway! Always a possibility...................
Hope they get it fixed, though, so we can try it next time.

Old January 12th, 2005, 07:04 PM
chef

hello susan and sixpk my family is going on this cruise as well and if princess cay is canceled it will be a big lose of a great beach and great day...we went there once and it is quite beautiful and peaceful and we were really looking forward to going back and enjoying the beach and laying on the sand and people bringing us drinks and not having a care in the world...we also are coming day before and staying at ramada looks like a nice enough place...there is a big group from cruise clues going on our ship and will be loads of fun..can't wait!!! chef brian
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Passenger

Ive never heard of the cruise clues? This cruise can't come fast enough. Ive been checking princess web site daily and there shore excursions are still not up to be able to reserve what you want to do. I think this web site is excellent and gives alot of people insite into what they can expect. But of course everybody has different likes and dislikes so you would have to experience it yourself first hand but it still gives everybody a general idea what to expect.

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to chef brian

i am sorry i miss spoke i found the group through cruise clues but the group is cruise critic.com
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...3&page=1&pp=25

is the link to the page that shows the people going on the star on march 27th 2005 thanks chef brian

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Susan9999

Hi Chef Brian and sixpk. I hadn't heard of cruise clues either but searched and found lots on information (too much I think)

Chef brian, is your whole group staying at the Ramada? If so how many? Wonder how many people the shuttles can handle.

Where are you guys coming from? We are coming from California. Originally was going to do a mexican rivera but my husband earned enough airline passes for free flights to fort Lauderdale. Carribbean should be warmer as the LA to mexico part is kind of cool.

I am dissappointed about the cays but It sounds unlikely if the speculation is true that Princess might not want to renew the lease.