Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Lisa58

Default Spa-is its worth the money?

My husband is going to do a shore excursion in Belize and i think i want to visit the spa for a facial or pedicure or something, but i know the price is alittle steep but it might be fun. Has anyone done the spa thing and is it worth it?
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:59 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to chipandjohn
Default Re: Spa-is its worth the money?

Hello Lisa
I can't say the basic things like pedicures or facial are worth the money. You will find a final sales pitch that can ruin a relaxing moment. We visit the spa for unusual treatment we don't always find time to do at home salons. On our last cruise we did a couples Rasual Experience. Short description; Soothe your body and soul with this Oriental ceremony featuring a cleansing seaweed-soap shower, medicinal muds and an herbal steam bath. This was wonderful and something we most likely wouldn't do at home. Look at the Lotus spa online at princess.com . But do treat yourself to a wonderful relaxing treatment, your worth it. Not sure what your husband has for his tour in Belize but I do suggest Altun Ha & River Cruise. (BEZ-G)The nature that you see down the olde Belize river is wonderful. I still refer that trip as my best cruise excursion and would do it again.
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Admiral

i can't say personally about spa treatments, but we do "treat" ourselves to a massage
when onboard. I like the gentle relaxing swedish type, DH likes the deep tissue to get out the knots and kinks. Hot stone was also wonderful. Its about double what you would pay back home, its a treat.
Old January 6th, 2005, 10:58 AM
r. williams

Check right away with spa when you get because they generally have in port specials at reduced prices because people will be ashore.
Old January 6th, 2005, 02:12 PM
JudiHIck

After just returning from the Grand Princess over the Holidays, I will give you my 2 cents about the Lotus Spa.

Go on the Spa tours that are offered shortly after boarding the ship. They hand out coupons and entry forms for door prizes.

The drawing for the door prizes happens later on, and you must be present to win, so it is worth it to pop back up to the spa for the drawing.

The really push you to book on the sea days, they will almost act like there are not any appointments available on the port days.

Towards the last 3 days of the cruise you will see a lot of specials offered in your outside the cabin "mailbox". They include some great specials like a massage and pedicure, or a trio of different things to try out

I had a pedicure the very first day, since I ran out of time at home. It was ok, chipped fairly quick, but looked nice the bulk of the cruise. Really got the push on products at the end of the pedicure.

I had a facial that was wonderful. But, it was ruined by the pushy product talk.

The best thing I had was the hot stone massage. It is spendy, but worth it. I also had given my gal a heads up that I did not need the product push at the end. So that made it more relaxing.

I did get a coupon towards the end of the cruise for the hot stone massage, so that might be worth waiting for.

Stick to your guns about now wanting the product push, also be firm about when you want your appointments, do not let them push you into a time slot you do not want.

Enjoy, and treat yourself, you are worth it!