Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Susan9999

Default Non-convertible twins

Does anyone know what this actually means for the layout? We have a quad cabin booked on the star. Has anyone had this type? We are on the Caribe deck. I can't really see from cabin pictures on the web/brochure where the beds and berths would be located. Is it possible to have the two lowers together?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Non-convertible twins

I'm in the same boat as you are (excuse the pun). It's a shame that Princess does not mark the non-convertible bunks in their brochures. It would make it easier to choose a cabin. I, too, am hoping that we will be able to move the beds together.

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 10th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Non-convertible twins

I inquired the same thing because thats what it says on my itinerary for bed. We have a mini suite with a balcony on the Star Princess and apparently that means they do not push together. Im getting ahold of my travel agent today to get this situation all fixed up.
Old January 13th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Non-convertible twins

I got right onto the travel agent the next day. When I went to the princess site to check itinerary it was changed to a queen bed.

Old January 13th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Admiral

I truly don't understand the whole non-covertable twins thing, when all it takes is a phone call from your TA (usually) to get the configuration changed to a queen. We always have our TA put in a request for a queen configuration when we book. Have your TA make the phone call.
Old January 13th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Susan9999

Lisa (or any one) ave you been able to get a queen configuration in a regular balcony cabin (like category BA) when there are 4 people in the room? I have read the cruise critic board that they don't want to put the lowers together because there is no safe way for those in the upper berths to get up there (that they need an aisle between the two lowers. I did see that some people were able to get the cabin steward to to it for them but it sounds kind of iffy.

I could see how in a mini-suite there might be more room to do it. Probably one of the extra beds is the sofa and the other one might go above it. The regular rooms don't have a sofa. Your room should be nice sixpk.

Thanks for the input.
Old January 14th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Susan - i think you are correct - in a regular stateroom, the bunks are over the twins on the floor, you need a ladder to get into the bunks, that's the reason they don't convert them, if they converted them to a queen, the only way you could get up into the bunks would be to stand on the bed and have some one hoist you up.

Ed- how many in your cabin? If there is only two of you, your cabin steward should have no problem making the configuration change.

Susan i don't know your situation, but you might think about upgrading to a mini-suite, that way you get a larger bathroom,2 tv's, more floor space a couch that converts to a sleeper and a bunk above the couch.

We are a family of three and we always book a mini-suite. Love the extra room.
Old January 14th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Lonnie

No one seems to understand. She is in a Quad cabin. That is why the beds do not covernt. Because of the layout necessary to get 4 people in a room the bottom beds must be in twin arrangement. The beds could convert to queen with only two in the cabin. It's the price you pay for having 4 in one cabin.
Old January 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Susan9999

Thanks for the info everyone. Can't really upgrade for various reasons but that would be nice. I am looking forward to the bigger balcony on Caribe deck (then the two decks above) so that will help a little with the space hopefully. My mom and sister are in the cabin next door so my kids will be over there some too. Does anyone know if the divider between the baclonies can be opened if requested?
Old January 14th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Cruisingpeople

Susan Just ask your room steward to open the divider between the decks as so as you arrive at your cabin. Obviously, be sure he/she knows that you are related to the people in the next cabin. Joe