Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to paul1
Default Re: ADVISORY FUTURE SUN PRINCESS PASSENGERS

hey bushwacker,have done total of four cruise with princess 1 on the sun,have to say that your last experince on the sun was my only one on the sun.very rude staff,dirty plates 4 times in the buffet(never on the other three cruises).cruise director was a female which I thought she was very dry and not well involved with the crew.if you liked horse racing (which i do) you seen her all the time,if you did any pool games foget it,never seen,island night was a joke and this is no lie,it lasted 30 minutes no cruise director involved,it was left up to the rest of the staff who I was not impressed with when they drank more alcohol than I did.I guess maybe why that was the only night they were friendly.

Old January 26th, 2005, 06:32 PM

This is Brian, I wrote the bad things that happened to me on the Sun Princess. This person Richard Forcella wrote me an email today about my review this is what he said.

"You are way too young to find so many things to complain about while on vacation. Your "review" was written as if you were a 10 year old. By the way Einstein, it's not the cruise line's fault that there was an outbreak of Norwalk on the ship. I pity them actually, not only do they need to put up with the possibility of getting sick all the time, but they must deal with the likes of a whiner like you. Get a life and don't waste people's time writing such dribble.
Richard Dallas TX
PS Please don't even bother responding, your Email will be deleted"

Boy Richard seems like he does not like me. I quess he got mad that im not to smart and he did not like my review. First of all, I don't need people to say that im not smart. I got that my entire life. Having a learning disability and being dyslexic is very hard to grow up with. I try the best I can and things just come out different.

I have been on 23 cruises, RCCL 7 times, Holland America 3 times, Carnival twice, Princess 8 times, NCL once and Cruise West twice. It's not like I have not cruised before. I know how a cruise ship should be. Everyone has the right to an opinion and to complain. Richard thinks im a whiner. Well, he is doing a good job himself. In his review when he was on the Rhapsody of the Seas in 2002 he fell down in the Windjammer Cafe. He said "Never once after the fall was I contacted to see how I was doing. This left me with a very negative impression of RCL and I decided to book our next cruise with another line." Or when he was on the Carnival Spirit in 2004 he said that the "dinner in the evening was a much different experience. This ship served the absolute worst food we have ever had on any cruise. The food was poorly presented, of inferior quality and completely tasteless. The meat was loaded with either tenderizers or MSG (or both) and the fish entrees had no taste and several definitely did not seem fresh. The most disappointing part of the dinner experience was the disparity between the description of the food on the menus and what you actually received."

How would Richard like it if someone E-mails him and criticize the way he writes and blasts him about he is a whiner. This E-mail he wrote to me is like a Hit an Run. It's not ok for me to tell about my bad experience with Princess but what about him. I think he is a hipercrit.

So if you read any of his reviews or if he ever writes you an e-mail be aware.
He really want's to ruin your day with insults. You can write Richard Forcella at Richard1s@aol.com. He can write me bad stuff, but he doesn't want me to E-mail him back. I hate to work with him. I bet he has not to many friends.
I had to say something because this E-mail he sent me really made me feel bad.
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Mike Miller

My family and I were also on the Sun Princess sailing in question. I DO NOT COMPLAIN UNLESS IT IS REALLY NEEDED! I can deal with sickness on a ship. You can't do anything about that. What I can't deal with is when I pay $1500 per person for a cruise to get treated like crap. It seems everyday somebody was *****y or yelling at us for some stupid reason. I've been on 25 cruises and not just cheap 3 day cruises on Carnival. I've spent a lot of money on premium and adventure lines. So I think I know what I am talking about. The people sticking up for Princess, Do you work for them??? If you do, then please tell higher ups to listen to the people who think Princess is going down hill. I've cruised on them 8times. I know how it should be. When you are told you can't order food a certain way, when you are made fun of for not drinking, and you get yelled at for asking for a bigger helping at the Horizon Court. I am sorry but are you all saying that this is ok. Well, if this is the future of cruising then I don't want any part of it. I have a long life ahead to travel and if this is how the industry is getting then I will find something else to do. Princess is no longer a Premium Line and they shouldn't advertise that they are. Since they were bought by Carnival they service is terrible, the food is bad, and people are rude. This was on the past two cruises on Dawn and Sun. I am the easiest person to please and if I complain about something then it must be really really bad.

Unless you were on the Jan 8 sailing on Sun Princess then you DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT AND CAN'T STICK UP FOR SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. I think what the problem was also on this sailing was Sun Princess got a lot of new crew that didn't know what they were doing or didn't care. I know this because I asked.

We've had some awesome cruises on Princess before and I hope it was just a problem on this one sailing and I hope they are not like this fleet wide. But to tell you the truth I am scared to sail on them again unless I hear alot more positive reviews on Princess

Mike
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Mike Miller

Default Re: Re: ADVISORY FUTURE SUN PRINCESS PASSENGERS

It sounds to me like Richard1s@aol.com is a piece of garbage. I wonder if he is jealous of a young person (1011) going on so many cruises and he hasn't. Maybe if he has been on 25+ cruises on all lines then he can comment. It sounds two me RE:1011s post that he(Richard) is two faced. I also looked up his reviews and 1011s reviews. It sounds to me like 1011s reviews are very positive except for this one on Sun Princess. And Richard1s@aol.com other reviews are very negative. I too was on this Sun Princess sailing so richard can't comment because he wasn't on it. I value a review by 1011 because it sounds to me like he is very honest. It sounds like Richard1s@aol.com is the type of person that would say something behind your back and if confronted he would pee in his pants. I wouldn't even pay attention to someone like that 1011 because this guy is just a piece of garbage who is just jealous of your travels. Please continue to write your very honest reviews and keep up the great work.

If someone would like to write me about the Sun Princess sailing then please send me a email since I was on it too and would tell you the truth.

Mike Miller
ogdensan@aol.com
Old January 26th, 2005, 07:59 PM
oceantraveler

Brian, it was wrong for "you know who" to send you a vulgar email. Please keep in mind there are a lot of kooks out there, block his address on your computer and if he bothers you again contact the board administrators.
Old January 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Pappy Jones

It sounds to me like Richard1s@aol.com is a total jerk and hope he doesn't try and ruin somebody's day again. Maybe he should try and send a email like that to me. He wouldn't like to see what I would have to say. It is very easy say something about someone when you won't let them defend themselves. I hope we have seen the last of
Richard1s@aol.com. He is probably looking at himself in the mirror and talking to himself since he has no friends and doens't like himself. Great job Richard1s@aol.com you are a real winner!

I am glad that many of these people have told the truth about the Sun Princess cruise. I am glad they are not sugarcoating it. Maybe if enough people complain then we will have some changes to improve this great industry. Otherwise they will keep cutting stuff out just like the airlines.
Pappy
Old January 27th, 2005, 02:39 PM
RMT

Brian (1011) - Please don't take this the wrong way but how is it that someone who's 25 years old has already been on 23 cruises? While I understand you're a student how do you find the time to cruise so much?
Old January 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Esquo

What about the Dawn?? Is MB the only one who had a bad experience??- Have the problems, if any, been taken care of?? We're booked for 3/10 and are somewhat concerned!
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:28 PM

I got a lot of nice e-mails from a lot of people and that makes me feel a lot better. I really appreciate that! Maybe Richard works for Princess and he was just really mad at my review? All I know is that their are better ways for E-mailing someone your thoughts.

(RMT) No, I don't mind you asking, I get that a lot. I have been cruising three times a year for the past 11 years. One time in summer, one time for Christmas brake and maybe one for Easter brake. Most of my cruises I have been on was with my parents, so they usally paid for it or I jsut paid the 3rd person rate. 8 cruises I paid for my self with my bother and sister. We always get inside cabins and go when its cheaper like December or January. I have been on a lot because when I get a real job I wont be going on so many cruises. Maybe one a year. I love to travel and I want to travel as much as possible. I get a lot of older people telling me travel a lot when your young because when you get old you can't sometimes. A lot of older people tell me that they wish they traveled more when they were young.

One of the best cruises that I have been on was Cruise West to Alaska. Though, it cost a lot but, it was totally wroth it. The other fun cruise was on the SS Norway which is now gone. That was so different. The SS Norway was the SS France built in 1954. I was so happy when NCL bought the SS United Sates. I wish that NCL would fix up the SS United States. I don't think that is going to happen. I wish I could have gone on Princess old ships like the old Pacific Princess. The older ships are so cool! Each one was different. All the ships now look the same. Well, im off the subject again.

If you can get time off in December you can get great deals in the Caribbean or sometimes on Holland America to Mexico from San Diego. But, since I just go to school and work for my dad it's easier for me to cruise around those times. My sister has her own Pet Sitter service so she can take off whenever she wants. But, all of us try to cruise together. I like going with my Parents, even though sometimes they are a pain sometimes. They are fun to watch. My dad always does something stupid. No matter where we go on the ship my dad always find us. Maybe it is better going on the bigger ships. Just kidding!

I was on the Dawn to Alaska in June and the ship was nice and clean. The service was good. But, it seems that every cruise is different. I don't no how it is now?

Take care,
Brian
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:02 PM
John R.

I have read all Lisa K comments regarding Princess and would be pleased to know what is your interest in Princess. Are you an employee? Lawyer for? Executive of? Or, just have stock in Carnival since they own about everything on the high waves.
An interested victim of the viral infection on Sun.
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Admiral

John R - LisaK only made one posting to this thread ... a completely reasonable one - so why are you asking about her connection with Princess, etc.??? Could be she's a satisfied customer ... as am I.

The flu or NoraVirus is on land as it's on sea ... on many ships. Tonight's news in Tampa, FL reported on the Veendam (Holland America) docking a day early from a 14 day cruise because of a flu outbreak. They docked early to prepare the ship for it's next cruise on Saturday. All the ships have complete clean ups when there's been a flu bug on board. Over 1,250 passengers will be staying on board the Veendam tonight so as to make their air connections tomorrow.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:07 PM
pato

I was on the 1/18/05 Sun Princess sailing and can speak about the GI virus outbreak.

I spoke with one of the Sun's nurses, who confirmed that the medical staff had traced the GI infection to a passenger who admitted that he had been sick the day before sailing and had falsified the required affadavit where each passenger must answer whether they have been ill or not. He said he didn't want to miss the cruise, so he answered "no" about being sick within the past 48 hours. As a result, his infection spread to 89 passengers, two of whom were our dining room tablemates, and 5 crew members.

I have sailed 22 cruises with Princess, and this was the first time that such an outbreak occurred. At the same time, there was an outbreak on a Royal Caribbean ship, docked next to the Sun Princess in Fort Lauderdale. It can happen anywhere, anytime...be it a land restaurant, a school, day care center, whatever.

It happened, and Princess took care of it immediately by notifying all passengers and waiving all medical charges to any passenger who needed medical treatment for their symptoms. Yes, there was some slowness at times in the dining areas while each passenger used hand sanitizer before entering, but it was not a big deal and just a minor inconvenience.

I was pleased and impressed with Princess's response and efforts to curtail any spread. Only 89 passengers out of 2,100, after being discovered within the first 24 hrs of the cruise....that's not bad, in my opinion. It could have been much worse