Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Desiree Russo

Default Airfares

Just to let you all know last week I was trying to book a flight for april to FLL on aa.com, The flight is a red eye and I had checked all the other sites(i.e. cheaptickets, expedia, travelocity, and the such)and there prices were all the same as I was quoted online with american.So I decieded to book the flight well the web site aa.com would not let me book the flight saying that the flight no longer was available but it was available on those other web sites. So I called American and spoke to someone in their online dept. and they could not figure out why I was not able to book so they had me pick another flight and they changed it in the computer. The price I was quoted was $603 round trip for two. So I put it on a 24hr hold. The next night my husband and I went to book the tickets online and the price went up fifty dollars, we were a little confused as to why the price went up after we had the flight on hold. So we called the airlines again told them the situation and they said "let me check the flight and see why the price changed" so a few minutes latter she tells us that fares must have gone down and now the total for the same flight is $513 total but that she has to charge us $10 service charge for booking over the phone. So we booked with her, after getting off the phone I went back online to see if prices had gone down and on aa.com it was $653 for round trip, so I went to the other sites and they were still $603 round trip. I checked prices for a week to see if they had changed and no changes as of now in price. So I guess the point is not always assume the internet is the best price you will get I saved at least $100 by booking over the phone.
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2005, 10:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Airfares

I found the same thing booking with Alaska Air. I was able to beat their online price, but not all the time, but they were able to get me better seats. sometimes it depends on the person you are talking to on the phone. They have alot of power!!

Glad to hear you got better prices and good seats