Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2005, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to uniQue15Grl
Default Strange Question

I know this is kind of a strange question, but here goes. Do they have clocks on board the ships. I don't want to wear a watch and we are traveling with two teenagers who never wear watches. I want to make sure they will know what time it is so we can meet up at certain times. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2005, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Strange Question

Honestly, they are pretty hard to find on the ships ... usually easier to find by the pool. And no clock in your cabin.

I usually bring my pager with me (which has a clock) and I just throw it in the backpack when i don't care what time it is.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 23rd, 2005, 05:31 PM
Lonnie

Yes, they have clocks on the ship but as was stated not a lot. One interesting fact you may not even be interested in knowing but here it is; In the early days of shipping after Columbus discovered the "new world" the biggest problem they had was knowing what their longitude was, it was discoved that with two clocks one set with Greenwich time and the other set according to the sun at 12 noon they were able to determine longitude. There is a hold over from that to this day and you will find a clock on all ships near where the maps and ship location etc are located. This of course now is only out of tradation since all ships now use GPS.
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Admiral

the clocks are few and far between. I know that there is one at the pool. No clocks in your stateroom, you can check the time on your TV and the phone has a display. We always pack a battery-operated travel alarm clock.
An inexpensive watch is really a good idea, especially on the islands.
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Dana Cline

Get a few of those family radios - surprisingly they work very well on cruise ships. We always send one with each of our teenagers so we can contact them if need be.

Dana
on the Dawn Princess
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to uniQue15Grl
Default Re: Re: Strange Question

Thanks for all the great info. I am going to bring walkie talkies for sure. And now I know I am going to bring a battery operated clock for the room. There isn't a plug to bring an electric one is there? Thanks again.
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

There are limited outlets in the cabins. And the electricity is not always a steady current, so you are better off with a battery operated clock.