Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kathy D
Default Cruise Quick

Hi, Has anyone used CruiseQuick.com to book a cruise? They seem to have much lower fares than Travelocity. I just wondered if anyone has had any problems using them.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:02 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cruise Quick

Be very careful with this company. Please remember that you cannot reach anyone by phone if you have a problem. I had a $300 cruise credit voucher from Princess, they kept the entire coupon as comission and did not reduce my price. I contacted them many times by email and they blew me off. Considering I had booked 10+ rooms with them prior I was disappointed to be treated so poorly. Buyer beware. I won't use them again.
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Linda T.

Default Re: Re: Cruise Quick

I used them 2 cruises ago. It was a hassle and a half. Everything was great until my tickets came and they had given me a senior citizens discount without me asking for one since none of us were seniors. My tickets said we were given the discount and would be charged extra at the pier if no one was a senior in our cabins. I had 4 cabins, So I was scared to death. I called the cruiseline and asked them what to do and they said to contact the agent and have him change it. I did and he told me and I quote to " go to the pier with no fear". You won't be charged extra. So I called the cruiseline back and they said yes you will. I emailed for several days trying to get it fixed and each answer was more and more rude. The last one came in huge red letters. I guess he was angry? I ended up calling the cruiseline back and cried, sorry I'm a girl, She felt sorry for me so she changed everything herself and said they would take care of the agent. He emailed me back in just a few minutes with the correct booking code. That was a few years ago and I noticed on their site now you have to check a square if you want a senior price so that wouldn't be a problem anymore. Other than that I would have used them again. They did give me a great price and the tickets came right on time. He used my past passenger coupon and always emailed me back within just a few minutes.
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:40 PM
sunluva7

I have an August cruise booked through this company and now I'm praying that everything goes smoothly. I agree their prices are great, and they have always responded promptly to my e-mails, although are never very forthcoming with info and generally give answers using as few words as possible. Wish me luck.
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:41 PM
jknichols

We booked a cruise with them a couple of years ago and were very satisfied. Their price was much lower than any others we could find at the time. Several times after booking, we had questions and always had a reponse by email within the hour. Once we emailed them at 5:00am and had a response by 5:30am! We didn't have any problems having our coupons applied to the final cost.

I have read several complaints about CruiseCritic booking people using discounts that they weren't entitled to (senior or residential discounts), so apparently that is something they have a tendency to do and you have to watch out for, but it is not a problem that we experienced.
Old February 5th, 2005, 10:18 AM
agreene

I have booked 4 cruises with them and have not had any problems at all.
Old February 8th, 2005, 11:48 PM
*oceanlvr*

I booked a cruise with them which I later cancelled. I had a terrible time getting the refund from Celebrity, but Ray at CruiseQuick did a fine job on my behalf and pushed it through. I think they are conscientious and care about their reputation.

From all that I have read, the problem with the senior discounts was over 2 years ago and hasn't been an issue for a long time.

However, check around. I'm wondering if their discounts are quite as deep as they used to be. But it may just be that it varies from cruise to cruise, as with all t.a.'s.
Old February 14th, 2005, 06:13 PM
JulieLee

We have used them for our last 3 cruises and our Hawaii cruise this coming August. We had one problem that was taken care of quickly and always had a great rate. I noticed that things have changed since the beginning of this year, so it will be interesting to see what happens (rate wise) on our next cruise!

Julie
Old February 15th, 2005, 10:08 AM
Welcome Newcomer

My online agent has beat CQ's prices consistantly..
Old February 15th, 2005, 11:35 AM
First Mate

Their online booking engine for Princess is definitely higher than other websites.