Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2005, 08:31 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Caribbean Princess April 16th??

Hi I was wondering if anyone is going on the eastern caribbean cruise on the Caribbean princess on April 16th? Considering it but first cruise and SOOOO Confused!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Desiree Russo

Default Re: Caribbean Princess April 16th??

Well I am going the following week but this also is my first cruise. My hasband has been before and everyone else I talk to says we'll have a great time. It sounds like fun so I just jumped in. We are going with 5 other people. I hear it's a great experience.
Old January 25th, 2005, 11:36 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Re: Re: Caribbean Princess April 16th??

Really which cruise are you going on Desiree?
Old January 26th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Desiree Russo

We are going on the eastern caribbean cruise leaving on april 23 out of Fort Lauderdale on Caribbean Princess.
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:30 AM
MicheleandJeff

Is this your first cruise Desiree? Where are you from? We are looking between Caribbean Princess and Voyager of the seas ,Royal Caribbean.Any suggestions?
Old January 26th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Desiree Russo

This is my first cruise. My friends have cruised with them before. They say that it is not a "party" boat, but it is a very nice ship. The Caribbean Princess is a new ship about a year old in April. I have never been on any other ship so I can't help with the other ships, but a newer ship I would think would be really nice since everything is brand new. We are in California and are flying in to Fort Lauderdale. Another things is that Princess owns their own island and that is one of the stops and I hear that it is really nice.
Old January 26th, 2005, 09:57 PM
MicheleandJeff

We should go a week later and go on your cruise hahaha are you going with friends or husband? Were in our 30s ,Im 34 hes 37 . What price did you guys get may I ask.Were looking at a balcony and got a price of 3261. for both,including air.Let me know Thanks
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Desiree Russo

I'm going with my husband and another couple and also 3 single girls. I am 29 and my husband is 30. Our friends are in their mid twentys. We got a deal through a friend, we are staying in a regular inside room so i'm not sure what a room like that would cost. Where are you coming from? Does that price include airfare?
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:41 PM
MicheleandJeff

Hi We are from Indiana.It includes air also. Now Ive been reading about this virus on the ships hahha I think Im getting paranoid hahahhaha
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Desiree Russo

It doesn't sound like a bad price. I think you'll have a good time, i'm excited. I wouldn't worry about a virus as long as you eat things you are aware of and stay close to your spouse, but still have a good time. I hear you should go over to St. John off of St. Thomas I hear they have great beaches there. Everyone on these forums say to check it out you have to take a ferry over there i guess.
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Cruzman

If you mind me sticking my nose in, I've got 2 bits to share......
We are on the Caribbean Princess next week 2/5, I've been on the Explorer and Voyager of the seas as well, among many others. Here is my recommendation, if you want the nightlife and Main Street effect, take RCCL. The ships are unbelievable, never had a complaint over anything. We are trying Princess because my sweetie stomped her foot! :-)
In St. Thomas, if you are beachcombers, get over to St. John and go to Trunk Bay, you will think you died and went to heaven. Take the shore tour if you feel more comfortable about, extra bucks but less hassle. St. Maarten- take the Golden Eagle catamaran sail, I've done it 5 times now, the folks are great, lifestyles of the rich and famous.
Other options are Orient Beach, though most of us were meant to be clothed :-), Shopping is very good in both the Saints, if that is your cup of tea.
Finally, relax and enjoy, this will either be the first of many cruises for you or the last. In my case, it is hereditary, my parents have been on over 150+ in the last 30 years. I think they sailed with Columbus as well. So I can't help it, I just tried it once and was addicted immediately, the total is 30+ and counting.
Just remember the cruise will be what you make of it, so make it the most!
I hope you all have a wonderful time, as I know we will.
Take care.
Craig
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:53 PM
MicheleandJeff

Thanks Craig Hope you have a nice trip also!!! Thanks for the tips!!!!