Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Debbie and Jeff

Default Sickness on Caribbean princess?

My husband and I are going on our second cruise this February. After all the reading I have been doing about these sickness on board, is anyone getting sick on the Carribean princess??? We live in MN and have had our fair share of being sick. We would hate to get on board and get sick again. It is understandable that with so many people on the ship-illnesses are bound to happen. It is too bad if you are sick, that to cancel the vacation would be a good idea. Just like anywhere else people go anyways. If you do not have insurance on the trip, you are out all the money. So what incentive does that give people to stay home??? Something to think about.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sickness on Caribbean princess?

We were on the CP back in September 04. We had no issue and didn't hear of anyone getting sick. We enjoyed it so much, we're taking the CP on the 5/28/05 Eastern Caribbean cruise. Don't worry, have fun!!
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Lynne &Trevor

I was also on the Caribbean Princess in Sept. 04 and there was no sickness aboard. I have a posting friend on board her this week so if there is "something going around" we'll hear about it pretty quickly.
I agree with MChance. Relax and have a great cruise. This ship is wonderful! Lynne

Old January 30th, 2005, 02:16 PM
TonynMI

The virus is going around all the cruise lines now! HAL, RCI, Princess, etc. have all had it within the past 3 weeks. You cannot base illness on any cruise of the past or present. It can pop up anytime on any cruise line/ship. Was on CNN TV today. Happy Cruising!
Old January 30th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

We've just got back off the Caribbean Princess, sailed Jan 15th. Had a wonderful time, I admit I was sick one morning, but this was just an excess of champagne cocktails!!!!!!

Had a absolute brilliant time, can't wait to go on the next.....
Old January 31st, 2005, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Debbie, this happens every year at this time- its the height of flu and stomach virus season, its not limited to cruise ships, the airlines have the same problem. People bring aboard the virus, the ship is not sick. Practice comon sense sanitary measures. Wash your hands often - pack Purell hand sanitizer. Stay well by getting enough sleep, don't overdo it, stay well hydrated and drink more orange juice, Vitamin C is a great germ fighter.
Old January 31st, 2005, 01:31 PM
Rustynail

Just got off the ship on Saturday and can't say I saw or heard of anyone getting sick. Of course we had two evenings of some rough sea's and a few people (including my wife) was a little queasy but nothing like a breakout of the Norwalk or anything.

Can't stress enough the need to WASH YOUR HANDS often while onboard. It unbelievable but I saw many men use the common washroom and walk out without washing their hands. Dumb (and nasty)!
Old February 3rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
Beginner

I agree with Rusty Nail - we also just got off the ship 1-29-05 and didn't hear anything about sickness, but did try to wash our hands frequently and use the hand sanitizers (located at the beginning of the buffet lines - great idea!!). Use a little common sense, and I don't think you'll have any trouble. Enjoy your trip!! It's WONDERFUL!
Old February 4th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to WalkOnDeck Send a message via MSN to WalkOnDeck

Nothing big yet according to www.cruisejunkie.com ; go there, it has info about illness and other cruise ship violations.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Ernie

Where ever there is a group of people, there will be illnesses. Hotels suffer as much as ships. Auditoriums and statiums also spread germs. Just be careful and keep your hands clean and away from your eyes and mouth until you sanitize them. Just as you would in any crowded situation. Use Airborne and Zicam whenever you travel.