Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2005, 01:20 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Caribbean or Grand Princess???

Hi there thinking of booking a cruise.Its beteween Grand Princess and Caribbean.One is Eastern,the other western.I hear Caribbean is Brand new but more people are crammed on. and its the same size boat Is the food and everything else the same.Please help hahaha
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Caribbean or Grand Princess???

You expressed my opinion exactly. We've sailed both, and the Grand is older, but very, very much my preference. The Caribbean is overcrowded, and just isn't up to the easy going luxury of the Grand, or Golden.
Happy sailing,
Ken
Old January 27th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Beginner

We just got back from the Western Carribean off the Grand. Enjoyed it very much. The food was very good, and the service was great. I don't think you would be disappointed if you choose the Grand.

Old January 28th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Admiral

The Grand is the "blue-print" for all of the Grand Class Ships. The original. We have not sailed on the Caribbean so i cannot give an opinion good or bad, but we have sailed on the Grands twin ship the Golden. Great ship, never felt over-crowded and we sailed during school winter break. Service was excellent, food was great, the ship is just beautiful. We found her easy to get around on, the decks are color coded.
Old January 28th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Caribbean or Grand Princess???

Take a look at the Star see if it is sailing the Caribbean when you want to go. It's newer then the Grand but the same basic layout. I will be going on the Star for the second time a week from Sunday doing the eastern.
Old January 28th, 2005, 12:41 PM
First Mate

I have been on both. There are some things to like about Caribbean Princess, and a few failings in the design of Grand Princess that were corrected in her subsequent sister ships. You can have a great time on both. As noted, and I'll embellish, there is a difference in service, just enough so that Caribbean Princess seems entry-level as compared to Grand Princess. The differences aren't huge, but would be noticeable to those with previous experience on Princess ships.

Post Edited (01-28-05 11:42)