Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Is higher up better for a balcony?

Hi there is it better to get a balcony up higher or lower? We have the choice of the 10th floor or 11 on the carribean princess.I hear the higher the better.Also is it better to be in the middle section or back etc.Can you tell we never cruised before hahahah
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Is higher up better for a balcony?

If 10 is caribe take it over 11 if it is baja. While the balconies on the baja are totally covered the balconies on the caribe are double the size and half covered and half uncovered. It's the best of both worlds.
Old January 27th, 2005, 09:08 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default CJC... Is higher up better for a balcony?

Hi there How do you know they are Bigger on the Caribe??? By covered do you mean more privacy or more sun hahahaAre the cabins the same size???
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: CJC... Is higher up better for a balcony?

Because I know they are. I have been on both and will always go for the Caribe deck now. I wouldn't say so if I didn't.

Covered means on the baja deck the people above you can't look down on you because the entire balcony has a top over it.

Caribe has the same amout of balcony with a top and then half again the size that doesn't have a top. Which meand the people on the baja deck can look down on you if you are out in the uncovered part. So if you want sun you can get in on the Caribe.
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Is higher up better for a balcony?

The higher up you go the more motion you tend to feel. The closer to the center of the ship the more stable. Caribe is my favorite deck, I will try to get on Caribe first, Dolphin second and Baja third. Midships is a great location for a cabin, towards the rear is also fine.
The main reason that the higher cabins are pricer is convenience, they are closer to the pool, spa, Horizon Court, etc.places where you are most likely to spend the better part of your day.