Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2005, 10:04 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Which deck is better Baja or Caribe

Wondering which deck is better.Being higher up on the Baja or being on the Caribe.Im sooo confused.Thanks for input
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Which deck is better Baja or Caribe

Also the higher you are the more movement you feel. Once deck can make a big difference if you get motion sickness.
Old January 28th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Personal preference is Caribe. The higher you go the more motion you will feel.
Old January 28th, 2005, 07:26 PM
sunluva7

Not sure which ship you're asking about, but on the Caribbean Princess, if you've booked an outside balcony, the balconies are larger on the Caribe deck.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Ernie

On the Sun Class ships, Baja and Caribe are the same. On the Grand Class ships, Aloha, & Baja are covered, Caribe half covered, half uncovered, and on Dolphin cabin balconies, they are fully exposed. Check out the pictures of the different ships. The Island and Coral are different breeds and all balconies are different on those two ships
As a general rule, the lower you are, the smoother the ride. Also, from the middle of the ship then towards the back is also smoother.
Old February 7th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Snick's guy

I booked a balcony guarantee, and was upgraded all the way up to the Aloha deck. What a mistake! I was at the front of the ship and it rocked! I was sick for several days. I wish I would have booked an actual cabin on the Caribe deck and mid ship. The lower categories have less motion.
Old February 11th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Beginner

I have Caribe deck but the first forward cabin. Hoping the movement will not be too bad. At least the smoke on balconies wont be a problem with us being the front one.
Old February 11th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Passenger

I am booked on the Aloha deck but towards the back of the ship. I was told to make sure you get a covered or semi covered balcony for Alaska cruising, which is available on the Aloha deck. I have only been on one other cruise and was on an inside stateroom and never even felt the ship move. I have to admit - I am a little nervous now about too much motion. I guess I'll be sure to bring along motion sickness medicine and start taking before we board.