Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Cruzman

Default Caribbean Princess Info Needed

Good Afternoon everyone,
My dearest and I leave on the Caribbean Princess next Saturday 2/5/05. I would greatly, I'll repeat, greatly appreciate the straight poop on how to make reservations at Sabbatini's and Sterling's, as well as info on how the Personal Choice Dining works ,reservations etc.
I've read a ton of reviews on here and Cruise Critic so I know that the cruise force is split down the middle on this ship. I've been on 30 cruises across the major lines and I know that sometimes you have the time of your life and others are stinko.
So I would appreciate leaving the bombast out and the guidance in. If you have any helpful hints, insider tips or just things that put you in awe, please share those.
I abide by one simple rule, the worst cruise in the world is still better that a day at the office (though it is a toss up with a bad day of golf! :-))
Thanks in advance for any input you may feel free to send.
Take care and happy cruising!
Craig
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to WalkOnDeck Send a message via MSN to WalkOnDeck
Default Re: Caribbean Princess Info Needed

You can read a lot of stuff about Personal Choice Dining under the forum that I responded to under this Princess forum......the topic of the forum is "July 2nd - first cruise", it's fairly recent, I left plenty of detailed information about personal choice dining there.

And as for reservations at Sabbatini's or Sterling's, you can either call the resturant from any phone on the ship to make reservations or walk up and tell them you want reservations. You shouldn't need to worry about making reservations before you go on board, I don't think you can make reservations until you board anyways. And if it is like the previous Princess cruises I've been on, you should have no problem booking reservations for when you want.

Hope this helps!
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:22 PM
explorer05

You will love the Caribbean Princess. Sailed on it last May. The food was unbelievably good -- especially Sterlings. Make sure to have the filet mignon, nothing like it.
The ship is wonderful, with Movies under the Stars being awesome. Make sure to reserve this early though. Hard to do sometimes.
Let me know if you have specific questions.
-Tyler
Old January 29th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Cruzman

Thanks to everyone for their input.
It is going to be tough waiting this last 6 days. Man, Am I ready to flee to where it is warm.
Old January 30th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi

sailed with the caribbean princess on the 15th - 22nd Jan.

No problems booking either Sabatini's or Sterling. Went to Sabatini on the Wednesday, we eat late so booked a table for 9.00pm. It does get booked up for diners eating early! Again booked Sterling for 9.30 on the Thursday - this was fine by us, maybe not for people wanting to eat earlier.

Sabatini - Long dinner! You only need to choose your main course, they bring you a little of everything off the menu - I admit I was tired this evening so the whole shananigans was looongg.. Also I was stuffed before I got to eating my main course, the food was delicious - no room for pudding !!

Sterling - went on formal night. Menu was not as lavish as Sabatini, but the food was great, huge Prawns (baby lobsters!) for starters, and the fillet mignon tender - did have room for pudding this time.....

Hope this helps .... enjoy....
Old January 30th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Cruzman

Thanks so much, I'm in training for this, I'm already starting to gnaw on everything here at home! :-)
Old January 31st, 2005, 07:49 AM
Admiral

additional info on Anytime Dining. You usually do not need to make reservations unless you want a table for two, you are traveling with a group and you want to sit together or you want to dine during peak dinner hours. You can make your reservations either by phone or in person.
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:22 AM
RMT

We were on the CP during Thanksgiving and never had to wait for a table (there were two of us). We usually ate dinner in the Coral diningroom and lunch in the Palm, liked the layout better in the Coral dr. Have a wonderful cruise, I'm so ready to go again I can't stand it.
Old January 31st, 2005, 01:28 PM
Rustynail

Just got off the ship on Saturday. Just to let you know you cannot book either restaurant by phone until after 4:00 pm the first day. We waited in line (at Sabatini's) 45 minutes the first day to book at Sterlings.

It was worth the wait that is for sure. We booked it for Monday night and enjoyed a terrific dinner.

Enjoy!

Dan
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:05 PM
Cruisingpeople

Hey Dan, WELCOME HOME. How was everything? Joe
Old January 31st, 2005, 03:55 PM
Rustynail

AWESOME! Best cruise yet. Not much to find fault with that is for sure. Great food, very good entertainment, great staff and a beautiful ship. what more could you want?