Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2005, 12:01 AM
Turcondo

Default Virus on Coral Princess

I read a recent review of the Coral Princess which mentioned a sickness virus on the sailing which arrived back on 7th January. Has anyone been on the Coral since then and do they still have the virus? We are due to travel shortly on the Panama cruise. The same review also mentioned about rough seas and very windy weather so they couldn't use the balcony. What has the weather been like since then? Does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2005, 12:29 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to WalkOnDeck Send a message via MSN to WalkOnDeck
Default Re: Virus on Coral Princess

I haven't been on the Coral Princess, but I would like to tell you a story about the Norovirus on the Star Princess cruising Alaska during August of 2003 departing from Seattle.
I went on the cruise the week after the Norovirus and Princess takes many steps to be sure to get rid of the virus. First off, they did not let anyone on the ship until a few hours until after the time embarkation was supposed to start because they were busy cleaning the ship. They did make appropriate accomidations to us at the port and bused many people to a local hotel where I heard they were serving food, drink, and many places to relax. On a side note I would like to stay something that I am very pround of, because we arrived at the port just before they started letting people board the ship (we live locally, so we watched the news and knew they were going to be late) I was the very first passenger onboard for this sailing!! When you got onboard you knew that they were cleaning because everything smelled like bleach. Because they were late they gave each stateroom $50 onboard credit, but because they were late we were late to our first port and some tours were cancelled. Besides the bleach smell and the smell of cleanleness, at the buffet lines there were automatic waterless soap dispensers that were there all week. So you should have no need to worry about getting sick because Princess does a good job preventing it.

Here's a website to check out all cruise ships major problems:
www.cruisejunkie.com