Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Alaskan Princess

Default Alaska - Sun or Dawn?

My husband and I are looking to take an Alaskan cruise on Princess. Our decision now is to take the Sun Princess or the Dawn Princess. I know they are sister's but are a few years apart. Anyone out there cruised both ships and can give an account as to which is nicer, better food, staff, etc? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM
chuckw

Default Re: Alaska - Sun or Dawn?

We have been on the Sun Princess twice, first in Alaska and then the Caribbean and had a great time on both trips. We are about to go on the Dawn 2/18 in the Caribbean. The thing you will want to look at is the itinerary more than anything. If they are again both equal than either would be just great. The food and service with be different depending on the crew you get that week and since they change every 6mo or so the people we have today may not be the same ones you have in Alaska. I can tell you that I have never had a bad crew on Princess. I have at times had individuals that where outstanding and they had a difference but never one so bad or difficult that it had the trip negative. I would add that if its in the budget i would get a stateroom with a balcony in Alaska. We views are wonderful and there is alway isalnds to look at and enjoy while sitting on your own deck.
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Alaska - Sun or Dawn?

they are sister ships, so the layout would be the same. I would choose my itineary first and pick the one that suits you best. If you still can't decide then i would go with the newer of the two.