Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Nonie

Default Cruising Alaska

We're thinking booking an Alaska cruise in September. Any recommendations as far as cabin location and ship? The Diamond has one day at sea; the Sapphire two days at sea. Is Tracy Arm an actual port (stop) or does the shop just sail through the area? Thanks for any info you can share.
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2005, 09:47 AM
molly dunne

Default Re: Cruising Alaska

Tracye Arm is NOT a port - it is a beautiful glacier - so essentially a cruising day.
Have been on Diamond once to Alaska and going back this summer - FANTASTIC ship. The Sapphire is the EXACT same - so you can't go wrong on either.

Def. Rec.balcony - you will REALLY enjoy it in Alaska. We have done the Mini-suite on Dolphin and were very pleased.
Old February 13th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Nonie

Thanks for responding, Molly. We sailed the Mexican Riviera on the Diamond in October. Beautiful ship! Had an outside cabin w/balcony (mid ship) on the Baja deck and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Would you recommend booking a room on the port or starboard side for Alaska? And would have any recommendations for shopping in the various ports?
Old February 13th, 2005, 01:51 PM
BMK

Hi Molly,
We are on the Diamond 8/13 in a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. The uncovered balcony did not bother you that is a small concern of mine. We are so looking forward to this trip.
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:56 PM
nm08

hi we went on the sapphire princess last june, and it was a beautiful vacation. for the sides we were worried about that too but our travel agent didn't really say it mattered because you go up one way and back the other, and you really have an excellent view on both. have you ever cruised before? and if not do u know about the dinning?
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Nonie

nm08: we're thinking of going in August. Hope the weather will cooperate. We love sea days and read that the Diamond has 1 day at sea and the Sapphire has two. We have cruised on Diamond before and did traditional dining - enjoying the same tablemates and wait staff throughout the cruise. I've heard the menus offer alot of seafood, which I'm allergic to. This might be the cruise to help me loose the extra pounds I gained over the holidays! ha