Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Aly612

Default MARGARITAVILLE & CARLOS N' CHARLIES...???

Has anyone ever been to either of these places? Margaritaville in Ocho Rios, jamaica and Carlos N' Charlies in Cozumal, Mexico? Are either of them worth maikng some time for when were at port? I've heard a lot of good thing about both.

Also, has anyone ever rented a car in grand cayman? I haven't heard of much to do here, except for stingray city and i'm not sure if i like the sound of all these stingrays swimming around me. Any info, greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: MARGARITAVILLE & CARLOS N' CHARLIES...???

Aly - Carlos 'N' Charlies is a fun bar in Cozumel with killer Marquerita's that all Stop off for a drink before heading back to the ship. On the other hand, Jimmy Buffet's place in Jamaica is a bar, restaurant and water park.
As for the Sting Rays - don't miss out on this experience. The rays are amazing creatures, they are so gentle and when they swim by you it feels like a feather grazing your leg that's all. You can pet them and feed them also if you like. I am not an adventurous person by nature, but i wouldn't have missed this opportunity. If you don't want to swim with the rays you can grab a cab and head out to 7 mile beach or you can grab a cab and check out the turtle farm. Caymen is a very small, flat island, not really worth renting a car.
Old February 14th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Aly612

Default Re: Re: MARGARITAVILLE & CARLOS N' CHARLIES...???

Is there any activities on seven mile beach?
Old February 15th, 2005, 05:51 PM
nm08

hi, we have been to both of those places, i'm only 15 but they were fun places to go and check out and get suvineers. as for the stingray thing we did a snorkling tour with them and it was an awesome thing i would do it again they don't hurt u unless you step on them and you can't bc u don't pick up ur feet u run them across the bottom. that was alot of fun i wouldn't pass it up and i'm not much into nature but i suggest doing it
Old February 15th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cruisingtogether99 Send a message via Yahoo to cruisingtogether99

I've been to Carlos & Charlie's in Conzumel and I can tell you I had the time of my life. It was a stop on my Carnival cruise and at first it was just me and my friend Jen enjoying a "yard" at our own little table. Well...within 1/2 hour most of our entire ship was there and they blasted the music with everyone dancing on the tables! Two Mexican men grabbed me to start the Tequila line. If you've never been a part of one...it's kinda like the train with frequent tequila "stops." At each stop you have a man standing on the table as you are leaned back with your mouth open and tequila poured down your throat. Well...needless to say, the entire ship was trashed but man....did we have a great time!! At least we remembered it and nothing got out of hand. I can't remember the last time I danced so much. You'll have a blast!!

As far as the stingrays - they're a little intimidating (I have another story for my fear but I won't bore you) but very well worth it. A feeling you won't want to miss.

Enjoy!!!

Mona

Norwegian Norway
Golden Princes - 4/17/05!!
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Aly612

Default Re: Re: MARGARITAVILLE & CARLOS N' CHARLIES...???

Is it just like a big party in the middle of the day?
Old February 15th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to cruisingtogether99 Send a message via Yahoo to cruisingtogether99
Default Re: Re: Re: MARGARITAVILLE & CARLOS N' CHARLIES...???

You said it! Now why couldn't I have been so short and sweet?

I could take a lesson or two.

Mona

Norwegian Norway
Golden Princes - 4/17/05!!
Old February 16th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingirl

Hi ,

Carlos & Charlies's is a Must stop to visit in Cozumel!!!! A very Fun stop to get a drink before heading back to the ship!!!!! Fantastic Margaritas!!!!!!!!!!

[IMG]HTTP:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\pittypat\my documentssunset(animated)[img]
Old February 17th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Aly, 7 mile beach is a very nice beach, you will be able to rent floats, umbrellas, there will be servers on the beach selling cocktails. If you want to use the hotels facilites you can purchase a day pass otherwise this is a public beach with no admission fees.
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Familiar Face

Carlos 'N Charlies _ woo woo!!!!!! Normally my first & last stop when in Cozumel. Wouldn't be Cozumel without visiting the crazies at Carlos'N Charlies.

Get ther early, hungry and with a designated cruise director, hee, hee.