Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Beginner

Default Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Anyone going on this cruise. Caribbean Princess leaving 4/16/05 Eastern Carribean?
Any former Caribbean Princess cruisers, how was the cruise, did this ship have alot of motion?
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Cruisingpeople

Default Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Was on her innagural run last April to the Western caribbean. Had a great time. The crew was terrific. Even for a ship her size, you could not feel any motion. Joe
Old February 17th, 2005, 08:26 AM
MicheleandJeff

Hi Linda we will be on the caribbean Princess on the April 16th cruise Cant wait!!!First one.Who will you be there with ? It will be me and hubby .
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Hi Michele,

Myself and my husband are going. Also daught. age 16 and her friend age 16. Is this your first cruise?
Old February 17th, 2005, 11:47 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Hi Linda Yes it is our first cruise.How about you.We are really looking forward to it.Where are you guys from? We are from Indiana. Are you guys planning any excursions?? We are not sure which ones we are doing yet. Youre the first one I know that is going so far hahahah
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:57 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Hi Michele,

I know theere are not many responses to this week. Even on the other message board for cruisecritic.com there are not that many. We are from Massachusetts, West Springfield. What part of Indiana are you guys from? We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hampton Inn In Ft. Lauderdale. No excursions planned yet. I keep reading all the reviews and message board things driving myself crazy. Never been on a cruise so trying to find out everything I can. I think In St. Thomas we will just get a taxi and go to Lime Tree Beach. My husband and I went there a few years back and I had gone there back when I was single with friends and each time it was great. They have beach chairs, it is attached to a hotel but anyone can go their. They had an outside cafe type place where you could get lunch or a drink. I remember sitting their looking out at the great view the turquoise ocean drinking a heineken. Can't wait! They also have a place right their you can rent snorkeling equip. I don't think it will be as crowded as Mageans Bay Beach. Tried that one when we were in St. Thomas for a week and was't that impressed. Then we will probably go shopping, they have great shopping. Although I am hearing that St. Martin is better. Do you guys have anything planned?
It is Spring Vacation week for alot of the kids in Massachusetts and probably a few other states, not everyone has it the same time which is good.
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:45 AM
MicheleandJeff

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Hi Linda Our spring break is really early this year.The kids get off in March.I bet your daughter is excited!!! Do you only have 1 child? We are kidless hahaha We dont have any.I will write more later I have to go to work now,you should email me so we dont take up this whole board hahah
Old February 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Desiree Russo

Sorry to interrupt but I hope you guys have a great time... Please try to save some alcohol for us cruising the following week hehehe....
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Hi Michele,

What is your email address? Yes only one child sort of, won't get into here. They have their own cabin across the hall from us, we get the balcony. We are on the Aloha Deck.
What deck are you on?

Linda
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Beginner

Hi Desiree

We will try to leave some liquor for the next week just no RUM! Just kidding.
Have you cruised before?

Linda
Old February 18th, 2005, 10:18 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Hi Linda Email me!!! Cut youtoo1@comcast.com. Im a rum drinker too hahahhaa !!!! Its Michele Talk to you soon.
Old February 18th, 2005, 10:19 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Linda we were on the aloha I think but we switched to the Caribe because we heard the balconys are bigger but you can come to out balcony hahaha
Old February 18th, 2005, 10:28 PM
MicheleandJeff

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess 4/16/05

Linda it is cutyoutoo1@comcast.net no space between cut and you lol.Thanks
Old February 19th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Desiree Russo

Linda-

No I have not cruised before but I am eagerly looking forward to it. What excursions are you planning on? I have not scheduled any yet i'm not sure how soon I have to do it. Do you know?
Old February 19th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Beginner

Desirre,

No excursions planned, will probably just do what everyone I know that has cruised is telling me to just get a taxi for the day and have them take you to the beach, then pick you up at a certain time and take you to town to shop? I don't know. Have to look at what Princess sent again. I know I reserved two floats for Princess Cays. LimeTree Beach In st. Thomas is great, I think if you go into VInow.com it will show you beaches and describe them, if that is not the web site I will let you know if I can find it again.
My cousin has been to St. Martin and is telling me where to kind of go. Don't know that I want to get off the ship and then get on another kind of boat for an excursion. I just want to lay in the sun on the beach, shop and drink my rum & diet Coke! And hopefully not get sea sick! What do you have planned?
Linda
Old February 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Desiree Russo

I think pretty much the same as you with the taxi idea. We are though going to take a ferry over to St. John everyone I talk to says it is worth it to go over there,because St. Thomas is just o.k. but more like Hawaii. Some people say that St. Thomas has more expensive shopping and the beaches are o.k. but beaches on St. John are beautiful. I do get motion sickness so I will be bringing everything I can think of for that. I hear the smaller boats you feel more motion but I really want to see St. John so I am willing to get on another boat. Otherwise my DH has been on this cruise (pre-me) and has already seen these ports so we will just play it by ear I guess. I'm sure we will all have a good time....
Old February 19th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Beginner

Desiree

St. John sounds good, maybe I will look into that, though i do want to see Lime Tree Beach again. The people I work for are in St. John right now for the winter school break with their kids, they go every Feb. and camp. (that's them, not for me though i wouldn't mind being their right about now) Maybe I will find out from them the best place to go.
Do you know anything about the shopping in St. Martin.?

Linda
Old February 20th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Desiree Russo

No I personally don't know anything other than what I have read but a friend of mine says that the shopping overall is better and they tend to deal more there than St. Thomas. I hope they are right I plan on visiting EVERY jewelry store there.