Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Jan Mc

Default Dolphin deck

We just booked our first cruise on the Sapphire with a mini suite on the Dolphin deck. Could someone tell me what they thought of the balcony being totally open and how it felt. Did it have a great veiw. We are right in the middle of the ship so we think thats a good idea....any thoughts or input would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:44 AM
sunluva7

Default Re: Dolphin deck

Never been on the Sapphire but had a mini-suite on the Grand with a totally uncovered balcony. We had no problem with it. It was nice - nothing but the wide open sky above us. If anyone is above and looking down at you, just smile and wave!
Old February 17th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Jan we had a mini-suite Dolphin deck on the Golden. We had no problems with the open balcony. Actually it was really fun at sail-away, you turn around wave and salute with a drink to your fellow shipmates. We never felt uncomfortable being out there in the am in our bathrobes enjoying our coffee and pastries, or sitting out there enjoying a cocktail, it could however pose a wee bit of a problem if you like to sunbathe "au naturale"
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:30 AM
BMK

Jan, we are in the same situation as you, we are on the Diamond on the Dolphin deck. I was a little concerned as web are going to alaska but other posters have said it is really not a problem. I cannot wait to go, enjoy your cruise.
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:18 AM
Ernie

I love the fully open deck. I have no problem waving to my fellow passengers on the decks above. I like to sit in the sun and with a closed deck, this cannot be done. Have Fun!
Old February 19th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Jan, it was not a problem at all ... I also learned not to look up. Honestly, other than sailaway, you will rarely have a bunch of people on their balconies when you are out there.

And, here is a link to the photo gallery I uploaded of our mini on the Diamond (identical to yours), and this was on the Dolphin deck.

http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=2123

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 19th, 2005, 06:29 PM
jcruise

I hope my cigar smoke won't offend any of the other pax when I'm on the balcony of my mini suite (Dolphin Deck) on the Golden sipping my cognac. I truly enjoy watching the sea roll by from my balcony while I'm relaxing and enjoyiong a nice cigar and a drink.

John
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:36 PM
JanMc

Default Re: Re: Dolphin deck

Thank you so much Harry for sharing your pictures, now I'm really excited. Jan
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:38 PM
JanMc

Default Re: Re: Dolphin deck

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I feel so much better.....! jan
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Great Jan! I know I had soem worries too but they were dispelled in a heartbeat. My one concern was a place to get some shade, but I found other than one point in the day, you could always move the chair about to get in the shade.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!