Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 02:13 PM
cath77

Default Sabatini's - FOOD

Honestly now, what do you get to eat at Sabatini's? I've checked out the menu online and it seems pretty fullsome. Do you eat every single thing on the menu??!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2005, 06:55 PM
Lancet

Default Re: Sabatini's - FOOD

You get a tiny portion of everything on the menu. It is served in old italian style--each portion brought seperately. The servings are very small, but the numbers add up. I personally didnt like it all that well, and wasnt worth the $20. But that is me.

Lancet
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Beginner

How did you get the online menu?
Old February 17th, 2005, 09:59 PM
First Mate

You can find ship menus by visiting cruiseclues.com and click on "menus". Enjoy!
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Milou

I thought the food was of good quality and plentiful. You do not leave the table hungry. Try it and see what you think.
Old February 18th, 2005, 12:51 AM
rtlk

We have been to Sabatini's on the last two cruises (Diamond 3/04 and Coral 9/04) Both times it was a great experience, with the wait staff able to spend the extra time to make it a special dining experience. They have three or four main courses to choose from, with countless courses of other Italian specialities we could not pronounce. Go for it! And go early so you get the window seating. Bring your favoite bottal of wine or order from the great wine list. Prices are $10. corking for your bottal or good prices from the wine list. Enjoy!!!
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Ernie

Sabatini's is well worth the extra cost. I would not pay too much attention to anything else you hear because some people are quick to cut things apart, look at politics!
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Ernie

Sabatini's is well worth the extra cost. I would not pay too much attention to anything else you hear because some people are quick to cut things apart, look at politics!
I have eaten at Sabitini's many times and found it to be a wonderful experience. You will not leave the table hungry. Go for it, if you don't, you will never know what you missed. ernie9235@aol.com
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Lancet

Ernie,

"I would not pay too much attention to anything else you hear because some people are quick to cut things apart"

Is that comment directed at me. I am not quick to cut things apart. I gave my personal opinion that I didnt care for it. I also said 'that is me'. Your advise to not listen to negative comments is a diservice to those reading these threads. Good and bad experiences are informative and should be weighed in ones decisions.

I never said why I didnt care for it. If I wanted to cut down Sabatinis, I would have told you why. But that was not the emphasis of my response. I answered her question. It may be of interest, that on the 30 days with Sapphire, I saw an almost empty Sabatini's for the last 3/4 of the cruise. Maybe only a few wanted to repeat!

I also would advise trying it once for the experience. Then decide for themselves whether they liked it.

Lancet

Lancet
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:52 PM
loriluvtocruise

Hi - I am an italian food freak! However, I must say I did not enjoy Sabatini's. We were on the third cruise of the New Carribean Pincess in April of 2004. Maybe the boat was just too new and they didn't quite have it perfected yet.

Just my two cents worth
Lori