Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Dana Cline

Default Dawn and her sisters

I'm trying to figure out which ships are "sister" ships to the Dawn Princess. I've come up with the following:

Sun Princess
Ocean Princess - now with P&O as the Oceana
Sea Princess - now with P&O as the Adonia but returning to Princess this summer

My Berlitz guide lists the size as 77,499 GRT, however it lists the Adonia as 77,690. I assume that when she went to P&O and was refurbished, that they added more cabins or another deck or something...anyone have any idea what happened to change her size?

Are there any other sister ships that I've missed?

Dana
on the Dawn
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Dawn and her sisters

Go to the Princess website. It has the category of ships and who they are and all the information that you are looking for.
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Dana Cline

Interesting. Of course it doesn't mention the Ocean Princess now. And judging by the photos, the Coral and Island are _not_ identical to the Sun/Sea/Dawn. They appear to have several decks of balcony cabins where the Sun/Sea/Dawn do not.

Now I'll have to look in my brochure at the deck plans a little closer...

Dana
Old February 18th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisingirl

Dana,
I think that the Sun, Dawn, Sea, & Ocean were the only Sister ships . With the Ocean now gone that only leaves Sea, Sun & Dawn as identical. They are refurbershing the "Sea " back to Princess standards so it may no longer be an identical sister!?!? but then again it may?!?! I don't know what P& O did when she was transfered to them.

Pat
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:14 PM
susancruzs

You've got it right those are the 4 sisters! The weight difference isn't that great to mean a deck or cabin differences, I read somewhere that it involves the bridge area being enclosed rather than open (that wing area, I think)!

Actually when they changed the Sea Princess to Adonia drastic changes weren't made according to reports I've read (same for Oceana, too)! Adonia is adults only so they took out the kids areas made it a lounge which I'm thinking they'll put back in April.

Adonia gets to Southampton mid-April and sails as Sea Princess on Apr. 28th! I'm onboard for 21 days in Sept. so I've been doing my homework. I went to the P& O website to look at the Adonia to compare it to my Sea Princess plans! P & O has a great website, excellent 360 views, etc.

I did notice there is an internet cafe area now next to the library and in an older Sea Princess plan, that was just a few tables called Checkers.

My main interest is all the talk about MUTS, I'll be curious to see if they add it!

Susie
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:53 PM
susancruzs

Just to make sure, I went back to P & O and not much has changed. I don't think it will take much to switch her back! Different names for the various lounges/public rooms, probably a little sprucing up, painting the stack back to the Sea Witch and she'll be good to go!

I cannot wait until September!

Susie
Old February 20th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Dana Cline

Suzie,

I don't see any 21 day cruises for Sea Princess listed...there are some 10-day ones out of New York and Canada - are you doing two of those back to back?

What's a MUTS?

Dana
Old February 20th, 2005, 03:53 PM
susancruzs

The new ships have Movies Under the Stars and rumor has it Sea Princess will get it when she is converted from Adonia back to Sea.

Sea Princess is doing Europe this summer! I'm onboard Sept. 3 England down to Spain/France/Portugal 7 days and Sept. 10 Transatlantic England to New York (14).

Sept. 24th she starts the New England Season out of New York.

Susie
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Susie - I am STILL jealous of you and that itinerary! You are going to have a blast on what is one of my favorite ships! I am so glad that Princess is bringing the Sea Princess back to the fleet - I was so sad when they said they were sending her to P&O.

Post Edited (02-20-05 18:15)