Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:34 PM
washingtongolfnut

Default "LIVE FROM THE DAWN PRINCESS"

Well its finally 02/18 and we sailed today. I will try and check this each evening and answer any questions you post. We are having a rock and rolling good time right now but hope itrs will smooth out this evening. A little windy at sail away so the railing wasn't crowded. Miss all of you who couldn't be here this year, it wont be the same.
Well untill tomorrow Bon voyage.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2005, 06:55 PM
susancruzs

Default Re: "LIVE FROM THE DAWN PRINCESS"

Seems like its been rough for a few weeks from what posters have said, hope you have some smooth sailing!

Enjoy your cruise!

Susie
Old February 18th, 2005, 11:56 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

missing all of you at sea......missing being at sea.... doing the best we can to have our own experience here at home. its taking alot of imagination having alot of fun but not creating as many memories. we are leaving an evening message everynight for all of you to enjoyed when you get back. so no fair cheating and calling to see what they say. Cheron said to have an extra dessert for her. we thought of you at 5pm and again at 8pm. Oh AND Kenny won his first lost his second won his third and is now guaranteed a placement in state. he wrestles again at 10:30am tomorrow. could place 3rd through 6th. will email tomorrow. You all have a wonderful time love ya . and right now I am singing wo wo wo lido.
Old February 19th, 2005, 07:04 AM
washingtongolfnut

Good morning all. Seas are nice and smooth today. Just getting to Princess Cays in about an hour. Warm outside but overcast. Marina I will stand in front of the web cam at 6pm eastern time so look for me. Kenny get in there and kick some butt. MIss all of you and will write again later.
Old February 19th, 2005, 08:38 AM
First Mate

Hi, I just came upon your post this morning. Where are you headed and how is Princess Cays, expect to go there in April. Keep posting I think it is a great way of telling us how everything is going day to day. Have a wonderful time.

Old February 19th, 2005, 05:20 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

well i didn't see you. you didn't climb far enough. Your on your way to st thomas though. This is so cool that you can write to us. Kenny took 7th. He is happy the match before he lost and it was a VERyY questionable call for a stale on Kenny but the tape says the other kid was staling but it tied the score and then lost by a takedown in overtime. Go ahead and tell us what you had for dinner and dessert we can handle it.
love to all hope you still miss us.
Old February 20th, 2005, 07:32 AM
washingtongolfnut

Default Re:

Carl p
Princess Cays was great. You would never know anything was ever damaged. They did change a few things but you would have to be a Cays expert to find them. We are just starting our 1St day a sea. The skys are clear and it should be hot hot hot today.
Tomorrow St Thomas, and all the shopping you can handle. The ship is in great shape and to all the people with negitive things to say about her I would say where dead wrong. Dinner the 1st night was a bit shakey but last night was wonderful and I have no reason to thing it will change. The staff has been so friendly and going out of their ways to make sure you have everything you need.
well thats it for now.
Congrads to Kenny
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:21 AM
First Mate

We always go to Dazzlers if you want jewelry. Its right in the port of St. Thomas. If you go ask for Raz he is the manager/owner. A really nice guy. We'll be there in April. Lucky you to be in the beautiful weather, expecting snow here in PA but spring is just around the corner. Enjoy your day.
Old February 20th, 2005, 11:44 AM
your 1st cruise buddies

The finals at wrestling were awesome. They paraded in like the olympicsIt was the coolest thing I have ever seen for high school sports. I can't wait for next year. Working on the float today. It is very sunny here. Having Gnocchi for grub tonight. and as for dessert maybe yellow cake with chocolate frosting and lemon merig however you spell the last part of it. Love to all have fun on your formal night. Chuck suck the gut in! Girls look beautiful.
Old February 20th, 2005, 05:52 PM
washingtongolfnut

Well we just wrapped up our 1st day at sea and what a wonderful day. Most everyone is burnt alittle but not bad. We kicked butt in the pool games and my team won hands down. Watervolleyball was not nearly as good because of my team mates, we miss our friends. We had our 1st formal night after Princess cays which wasn't normal and I didnt have to suck in the gut as you put it Marina. The girls did look wonderful. We have St Thomas tomorrow and our tour with Godfrey all day. We plan on seeing the entire island and stopping off at sapphire beach and coki beach for another intro dive for Brianna and Kristan. Hope all is well and if anyone is down on the Dawn soon as has questions you can fire away and I will do my best to answer them.
See you all soon.
Old February 20th, 2005, 08:22 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

first cruise buddies; second foursome checking in first hand rather than second hand this time. Happy to hear all are safe and living it up. We are trying to live vicariously, so are enjoying your messages. Tonights cake has a centerpiece of palm tree/coconuts?and hanging monkey. Please save us loungers at the front of the ship...full sun, with the exception of Harold who requests his next to Laura.
love ya!
Old February 21st, 2005, 10:34 AM
rotti

For those who are not on the Dawn you are doing a wonderful job.
Did the Dawn Jan 19/29th this year.
What are your plans for the rest of the stops?
Say hi to Aussie Cruise Hostess for me...

John
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:46 PM
washingtongolfnut

To all our friends new and old. We are having a wonderful time. Toured St Thomas yesterday and Brianna did another intro dive at Coki beach. Would re-think that one and just go to Sapphire next time. Much nicer beach and less local vendors. Got out of there without buying and jewerly....yippy Today we toured St Martin with Joyce Prince and she was great. Circled the entire island and say just about every beach. Went back to Orient beach after and para-sailed above the most beautiful Caribbean water. Again not much shopping was done so I am saving tons of money. Tomorrow a day at sea and then Jamaica. We are spending the day at Silver Sands resort. For the rest of ther trip you will just have to stay tuned in.
MIss my friends
Chuck
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

Jamaica sounds really fun. That would be a place where I could hang out. We got all the fringe done on the float and the boys got a good portion of the castle cut out. We have gotten most of the supplies so we will have lots of work ready for you when you get done vacationing. Figured that after you relaxed so much you will be acking for hard work.
Oh and who the heck is Joyce Prince? Glad you liked OUR beach better that Coki beach.
Love to all
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

Jamaica sounds really fun. That would be a place where I could hang out. We got all the fringe done on the float and the boys got a good portion of the castle cut out. We have gotten most of the supplies so we will have lots of work ready for you when you get done vacationing. Figured that after you relaxed so much you will be acking for hard work.
Oh and who the heck is Joyce Prince? Glad you liked OUR beach better that Coki beach.
Love to all
Old February 23rd, 2005, 05:54 PM
washingtongolfnut

Our 2nd day at sea and the waether could not have been better. We played water volleyball all day and had a great time at the wet,wild and wacky watwer games. You would be so proud of our team the sharks as we won. The dining has been great and thwey have changed the menu a bit. Tomorrow we spent the day at silver sands resort Montego Bay Jamaica and then Grand Cayman. Have not had a bad thing to talk about. Service and shows have all been wonderful and now the weather is cooperating. Have made lots of new friends from the east coast, but still miss our old ones.
See you all some and you are wrong about wanting to do hard work.
Love ya tons
Old February 23rd, 2005, 08:11 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

THIS IS FOR BRI ! MAKE SURE SHE SEES IT
this is lame, i typed like three paragraphs the other day and apparantly they didnt send, well now im mad and i dont remember what i said so i hope your finding me a really cool present because theres been about three times ive thought of calling you to go do something and remembered you're gone. The weather is so nice here so i guess i can be happy about that but im bored out of my mind. Buy a smoothie and think of me while you're drinking it. Love you, hope you are having fun
Love Brynn

P.S. write me back and tell me what youve been doing.
Old February 24th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Passenger

Hi All

My name is Patricia. I lurk on this board quite frequently. I was excited to see this post.
Thanks for the updates. We will be sailing on the Dawn 4/19. It's our first cruise. We can't wait!

How is the teen center? We have a 16 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl.
Was your stop in Jamaica orignally for Ocho Rios? Has Princess changed it?
Are the evenings cool? Will we need jackets?

Can't wait to read your next installment. Thanks - Patricia
Old February 25th, 2005, 06:15 PM
sandra blank

Hi: Going on first cruise 03/30/05 can you bring duty free alcohol on board.
Old February 25th, 2005, 06:52 PM
washingtongolfnut.com

Good evening everone. Patricia, the teen center is nice and they do schedule activities for the younger teens, your son may just entertain himself with the other older teens. As far as Jamaica goes we stopped at Montego Bay and if you have never cruised before you may want to read as much as you can on this port. We went to Sunset beach resort and bought a day pass. Its $20. and is all inclusive. Its only a 5 min cab ride from the port, is clean and the people friendly. In the evening it did cool down abit untill we rounded the corner into the western side. You might want to bring a light jacket but I didnt and really dont miss it.
Sandra, yes you can buy duty free on the ship but you cant open it. They will hold it for you untill the last night.
We just left Grand Cayman and it was a great day. The weather was breezy but very warm. When the breeze stopped you roasted. we swam with Sting rays and snorkled the barrier reef and coral garden plus had lunch at a beautiful marina. We had booked again with Capt Marvin for the full day excursion and again it was great. Yesterday, Jamicia was nice and so was the resort. What a good idea that was. Cab ride was $2. per person and for $20. you got everything else. Tomorrow we make our last stop ay Cozumel and do some sport fishing. The ladies are shopping and what ever. Miss all of my friends and will be home soon.
Brynn you have to put your name in or it wont post.
See you soon and will write on our day at sea sunday...
Old February 25th, 2005, 11:58 PM
your 1st cruise buddies

Chuckman thanks for calling me beautiful but remember I wasn't there. Glad your still having fun without us.
See you soon
Washington stateside over and out
Old February 26th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re:

Thanks for the update!

We are Wahingtonians too. We live in Southwest Washington on the Columbia River.

Patricia
Old February 26th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re:

Hello Washingtongolfnut,

My family and I are going on the Dawn on March 10th. Can you please tell me who the cruise director is and are they good or just so so?
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:16 AM
washingtonglfnut

Sunday morning and our last day at sea. We had the Captains Gala dinner last night, I may have over done it abit. We had a great day in Cozumel yesterday. Jeff and I did the sport fishing and the girls shopped and had hair braided. The weather has been hot, hot, hot, so you know how we're feeling. I still cant find a thing wrong with this cruise with the exception of a odor in the Vista lounge as you enter. And even its a "oh whats that?" Rather than a "oh my God" The crew has been some of the best ever and service even with the "coke cards" has been great. I will miss being taken care of then I go back to the real world tomorrow. Well thats it for me I wish all of you as great a cruise as we had and weather to match. To all our friends at home see you soon and to our new friends here from the Dawn we will miss you all.
Chuck " the shark" Whitney
Old March 9th, 2005, 10:02 PM
flo

Default Re: Comments on the Youth Staff @ HE DAWN PRINCESS"

Hi there, wondering if you have any comments to share regarding the youth staff on the dawn princess? thanks, flo