CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sterling Steakhouse (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/princess-cruise-lines/227250-sterling-steakhouse.html)

IdahoSpuds February 19th, 2005 03:54 PM

Sterling Steakhouse

We're a bit confused about Sterling Steakhouse...sometimes reading it is a part of the 'Dine Anytime' choices (no extra fee) and sometimes we see 'there is a special service cover charge to dine at Sterling's'. Does this differ from Ship to Ship? How is it handled on the Sapphire Princess?

Kuki February 19th, 2005 03:58 PM

Re: Sterling Steakhouse

On Sapphire the Sterling is included in your Any Time Dining program.

IdahoSpuds February 19th, 2005 04:16 PM

Sterling Steakhouse

Thanks, Kuki...I'm thinking they should name the 'fee' restaurant different from the 'no-fee' one. But, hey, that's me. Just thought it would make it less confusing.

Roy W February 21st, 2005 07:15 PM

Hey Idaho Tater, the name of the Resturant that charges is Sabitini's, Sterling Steakhouse is a PC dining that you can eat in every nite if you want to. We will be on the Diamond May 14th for our 1st Cruise, when are you going.....Roy

Debs February 23rd, 2005 04:56 AM

Hi,

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but does the PC (no extra charge) for the Sterling Steakhouse also apply to the Star Princess?????

I'm confused too, as after looking in the brochure (UK) it definately appears to be a fee paying restaurant, infact I'm almost sure it states a cover charge of $15 per person. Has anyone been on the Star Princess and used this restaurant ???

Thanks
Debs

steph_miracle February 23rd, 2005 07:27 AM

I am almost sure that on the carribean princess it states that a fee applies. Yes in fact on page 41 of the brochure it lists Sabatinis and Sterling as specialty and says that a cover charge will apply. Stephanie

http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=01&hour=17:00

Carribean Princess

cruisebob February 26th, 2005 03:52 PM

Re: Re: Sterling Steakhouse

We just sailed on the Star. The Sterling Steakhouse is called Tequila's Sterling Steakhouse and they charge $15 per person. Most of the Princess ships charge for Sterling but the Diamond and Sapphire ,may have different arrangements. We had an excellent meal at Sterling. Suggest you book the afternoon that you arrive on board. All the best times are reserved well in advance. Same is true for Sabatini's. We have eaten at Sabatini's on other ships and find the food very good but the three hour production is a bit much.

j feingold February 27th, 2005 03:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sterling Steakhouse

On the Diamond and Sapphire the Sterling is one of the Personal Choice dining rooms, and no charge. But the steak options are fewer than on the other ships.

Roy W. March 1st, 2005 01:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sterling Steakhouse

This will probably be our Dining Room of choice since we are all Steak eaters. I am sure we will be in there on our 30th Anniversary on the 17th of May aboard the Diamond in Alaska. We will be on the Seattle round trip starting may the 14th. How about everyone else. 74 days and getting anxious.....Roy

Duckie March 1st, 2005 01:56 PM

This will be our third cruise on Princess, (1st time on Star, others on Grand) The steakhouse is new and I am looking forward to it. I didn't care much for the Tex Mex restaurant. You will love the cruise, I love being able to walk around the ship and not worry about driving anywhere and being able to walk to your room whenever you are tired. You can drink and not worry about getting back to your room, also the ship takes you to the ports. Love it.

commodore March 1st, 2005 02:38 PM

http://www.princess.com/onboard/dining/di_dining.html
this link gives you all the info on the retsaurants and fees on all the ships.
Cheers

IdahoSpuds March 2nd, 2005 09:31 PM

Sterling Steakhouse

OK, Commodore...that makes it very clear. Just enter the ship name and they tell you everything you want to know! Thanks. I see on the Sapphire that Sterling's is a Dine Anytime at no charge. (and the Sapphire has one 'Traditional' and 4 'Anytime') Whereas Sterling's on the Caribbean Princess is a Speciality restaurant with a $15 charge. (and the Caribbean Princess has one 'Traditional' and just two 'Anytime').
They are all different thus it adds to the fun of traveling on different ships.
Thanks all. We're on the Sapphire October 22.

Ernie March 4th, 2005 09:17 AM

Maybe the Sterling on the Sapphire and the Diamond is the "Sterlilng Dining Room" and on all the other Princess ships, the "Sterling Steakhouse is an extra cost optional restaurant??? Why did they reuse the name Sterling on the Sapphire and Diamond, just to confuse me? ernie9235@aol.com

IdahoSpuds March 4th, 2005 09:52 PM

Sterling Steakhouse

Ernie! You just figured it out. I see in the brochures it does indeed say Sterling Steakhouse when there is a charge and Sterling Dining Room when it is a part of the Dine Anytime program. Why they use 'Sterling' both times, I don't know. But that is an excellent way to quickly know which type it is (i.e. fee or no fee). Nice going, Ernie.