Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Christine A.

Default Island Princess-Dec. 7

My husband and I have just booked the 15 day Hawaiian cruise scheduled for December 7, 2005 (out of LA) for our 25th anniversary. We have never been on a cruise or to Hawaii. We have booked Aloha Deck 501. It has a balcony and is on the starboard side, mid ship. Is this a good room and if anyone has any imput would really appreciate it? We are very excited and nervous at the same time.
Thank you,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Island Princess-Dec. 7

Wow what a wonderful way to begin cruising. This is my dream cruise!!! Congratulations on your 25th anniversary too!! We are going on our 7th cruise in April. There are many posters here who have been on quite a few cruises so really I'm a novice when it comes to those people. I can tell you that we really love to cruise. We are going on a 10 day only to see how it will be to prep ourselves for the 15 day Hawaii at some point. We were on the Aloha deck on the Golden Princess 5/04. We liked the balcony and I'm sure you will too. Its nice to go out and enjoy the scenery as you travel and also the privacy of sitting there doing nothing :-) It was extra nice when you are coming into port and seeing how they anchor the ship etc. The sea days are our favorite days because you can just relax and hang out. Since this cruise has four days over and back you will have time to get to know the ship pretty well. (I still get confused when I'm going by myself to different decks) My husband was hesitant to cruise but he loves it as much as I do. The first cruise is always a little intimidating but by the end of it you will be ready to go again. Friends of ours have done this cruise to Hawaii on the Island Princess and they really enjoyed it. Hawaii is such a beautiful place and I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. Don't be nervous, the whole process goes smoothly. There is always someone around to help with your questions. Enjoy, relax and have a wonderful time.

Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Island Princess-Dec. 7

Carol P - We just returned from this cruise. We did not stay in that exact cabin but we were in the same area. Our cabin was Baja 504 which is one deck down and on the port side. I can say the location was great. I was nervous being close to the elevators but they were not a problem. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Island Princess - Hawaii
February 2005

Pacific Princess - Alaska
June 2003
Old March 6th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Christine A.

Default Re: Re: Island Princess-Dec. 7

Thank you so much Carol and eurodl for your help. We are very excited about our cruise and can't wait until December.