Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2005, 03:27 PM
DSS

Default Island/Coral Balconies

Considering an Alaska cruise in an Island or Coral Princess Balcony cabin or mini-suite. Am interested in a balcony that's covered, with as much privacy as possible and hopefully, as little exposure as possible to smoke from neighboring balconies.

Which cabins/decks are best for this?

Thanks.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Captain

Default Re: Island/Coral Balconies

We were just on the Island Princess to Hawaii. We had a balcony cabin on the Aloha Deck (deck 12). It was completely covered. Cabins on lower decks have partial cover or no cover at all.

As for avoiding the smoke from adjoining cabins, I don't know how you avoid this.

Old February 28th, 2005, 10:54 AM
LK

Default Re: Island/Coral Balconies

DSS,
On Aloha, don't choose the back bump-out section balconies as they are uncovered. On Baja, some of the front bump-out section are uncovered as are some of the cabins in the rear bump-out section. On Baja's front bump-out, it looks like the covered ones are from B218 and B219 back. On Baja's back bump-out, it appears that all port side bump-out cabins are covered, while on starboard, only B637 - B645 are covered. On Caribe, it appears that all bump-out section balconies are covered, but the non-bump-outs are partially covered and partially open to above (though they are much larger than the standard balcony cabin balcony). The mini-suites on Dolphin appear to be completely uncovered except for those at the very back (D705 and D706 back) which, I believe, are covered. The balconies on Emerald deck are covered by Dolphin deck.

On exception to all of these is that in photos, it appears that the very aft-most cabin on each deck is uncovered. A good way to find out these things is to look in the photo galleries on this site for Island or Coral Princess photos and there are many of the outside of the ship. You can figure out what deck is what and then see what the balconies look like. That's what I did, as the folks on the phone at Princess do not seem to know or have given incorrect info to me several times.

I believe there is a gallery posted on 8/30/03 called "Island Princess Balconys" and there are 3 good photos of the outside of the ship there that will help you. Just peruse thru for other galleries for these ships as well.

Enjoy your cruise!!! :-)
Old August 4th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Emerald deck