Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2005, 02:28 AM
Lancet

Default Japan on Sapphire

We are booked on the Sapphire this April for Osaka to Seattle. We are staying in Kyoto for 2 days, then in ports of Nagasaki and Sapporo. Also in Korea and Eastern Russia.

I realize that the chances are really, really slim, but is there anyone out there who has been to the above cities; and if so, do they have any recommendations about sight seeing. This is a totally new itinery for my wife and I. Have looked at the shore excursions, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Lancet
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2005, 10:31 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Japan on Sapphire

We have been to Sapporo, We took the tour bus to the downtown and went off on our own. Within a 2 mile block is more shopping than you can handle in one day. We hit a department store called BIC which is 8 stoies of electronics, all kinds of clothing stores. We heade over to the Sapporo brewery to have lunch, it was very interesting and expensive everything is in Japan. There is also a nice shopping mall there. when you go back to pick up your bus to return to the ship go downstairs in the boulavard there is a shopping mall that streatchs for over a mile under the boulavard. In Pusan we booked a tour of some Temoples with sa stop at the fish market. We found when we talked with the guides that we would not have time to vist the International market on the way back which was directly acroos from the Fish market. We said Bye BYe to the tour and stayed to visit the international market we where there all day. I ther eis anything that can besold it will be in the International makert. We did not take the shuttle bus back to the ship as they wanted $4.00 per person each way. We asked the guide how to say takes us back to the ship and we took a taxi it cost us $2.75 US for 4 people. We new the cabbie didn't have change or a conversion rate for U$ so we gave him % bucks. Well worth it as some people had to wait over an hour to get back to the ship. Vladivostok , we just took the early morning city tour to get our bearings, You will vist dusty museums and the marine exbit,etc. We then wandered around the downtown area ourselves vised a few department stores and had a bee in the sqaure. On the wat back to the ship there was a little bar just out side the gate beer was cheap and good. There is a vdka store just outside the gate as well great prices on Vodka. Have great trip it was one of the most memorable of out lives.
Old February 28th, 2005, 11:37 PM
lancet

chuck,

Thank you for the information. Food for thought. Appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Lancet
Old March 2nd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Gary Clanton

My wife and I are on the same cruise in April. We also will be staying in Kyoto for two nights. The tours offered by Princess in Kyoto are over priced. If you go to the JTB web site you will find very reasonable tours which you can book in advance. As to places we've been; we have been to Japan and Korea many times and would be glad to answer any questions you might have. We live in Seattle.