Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2005, 11:12 PM
flo

Default youth centre comments/Dawn Princess

hi there, any comments on the youth staff? programs? thanks, flo
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM
washingtongolfnut

Default Re: youth centre comments/Dawn Princess

Hey Flo
Sorry, cant tell you much about the youth center. My girls are 15 and 17 and have been on serveral cruises. We have used the centers in the distant past and found them to be great. Lots of activities and supervised by great staff. The teen center was not as well organized so that is why my girls didnt use it much. They preferred doing what the adults did, lounge around the deck and get tan. If you have youngsters I think you will love the center and so will the kids.
Have fun
Old March 16th, 2005, 01:25 PM
LaurieB

Our boys (6&7) loved the Dawn Fun Zone- mainly because of the row of Nintendo games. I thought the staff (4 gals in their 20's) was very nice, good with the kids. They did some crafts and games and the boys wanted to go as often as we would let them. I thought they were allowed to play the video games a bit too much (vs. on Celebrity, where they really limit the amount of time on video games and focus more on playing games, crafts, etc.) It's not a huge facility but it's clean and the kids all seemed to be having fun. We were on a 10 day so the amount of children was small- I think 25 total in the 3-11 age range. I thought it was perfect- I think a shorter cruise with tons of kids would overwhelm the small kids facility.
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:24 AM
Dana Cline

Flo,

I just returned from the Dawn yesterday. Our kids were 8, 14, and 17, and they all loved the kids programs. For the youngest, they do a lot of craft activities. They had a pajama party one night, and an Island Night party one night. They watched movies some nights, and always got to choose which one to watch. The staff there was awesome.

For the teens, there seemed to be plenty of activities, and the 17-yr old didn't feel that he was too old to take advantage of it. They did movies, ping pong tournaments, and video game and trivia tournaments.

Both groups had activities on Princess Cays, including treasure hunts and sand castle competitions for the young ones, and beach volleyball, basketball, and frisbee for the older ones.

Both groups got bridge tours, something they stopped for the adults after 9/11.

With both groups, we had no worries. The young ones could only stay until 10 pm at night, but they let the teens stay until about 1 am. They would keep the young ones on port days and feed them lunch, so we were able to do power shopping without dragging the young one around and listening to her whine.

Dana