Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2005, 08:31 AM
shawnjessie

Default Roll call Caribbean Princess May 14th Ft Lauderdale

Just looking forward to my first cruise.
Four of us celebrating our Master's degree's in our 40's. YEA..............................
Anyone from Michigan going???
Or where are u from??
thanks
Or does anyone have any do's or don'ts on the cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Tom & Sue

Default Re: Roll call Caribbean Princess May 14th Ft Lauderdale

We just got off the Caribbean Princess and had a great time. Try to make as many shows and comedy acts as you can, they are all fantastic. Only draw back was on the days on the ship people tended to save or reserve seats on the deck. The ship sais you can NOT do this. We just took seats that were folded up or only had Princess towels on them and used the chairs. That was my only gripe. I wish I was going again this year. We already put our deposit down for next year. You are going to love it.

Tom
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:55 AM
fla gang

Congrats to everyone on the masters. What an achievement. Do you like seafood? My clients have been telling me of the great seafood buffet on the Caribbean Princess. I'm doing another big group in October for anyone that wants to get on board. Good rates for that sailing to the Eastern. I've only did a ship inspection on the Caribbean Princess and have yet to get to enjoy one cruise on her. Have Fun!

Barry
Old March 20th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Roll call Caribbean Princess May 14th

54 days remaining.
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:45 PM
miss honey

congradulations on your degree. we will be sailing on the CP may 14th. we are from ohio. miss honey
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Passenger

We have a group going of 57 to Caribbean....was hoping you can tell me what you enjoyed the most on the ship. Anxious to hear what everyone thinks of the cruise. Thanks!!! Nancy
Old April 17th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Passenger

Just moving the message to the front of the line.
26 days to go! And it's amazing that only 3 of us have yeaed on the roll call.
I think cruisers are really missing out when they dont visit this site. Thanks to all who invest their time.
Shawn
Old April 17th, 2005, 12:43 PM
bjkeen

Hi Barry!

I too would like to hear what others have to say about the Caribbean Princess. I have a group sailing next May 2006. We were planning to go on the Liberty, but we may change ships.
Old April 18th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Shan

Default Re: Re: Roll call Caribbean Princess May 14th Ft Lauderdale

Barry,

Our family is going on the Caribbean Princess on Oct. 8th....We've gone on a Princess Cruise already and loved it.....I look forward to this cruise line....We got a "Great" deal pp....for an inside cabin $550
Old April 19th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Donica

Hello,

I am also going to be on the same cruise. Interestingly enough. To celebrate the same major event.! Finally geting my Masters in International Business. There are a lot more people responding to this cruise on the cruisecritics website.

Way to go & Congrats!

Donica
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

For those who like to know, I just had a blast of a time at the Caribbean Princess in March.
Feel free to ask any particular question.

Caribbean Princess
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Passenger

Frank - going on the Caribbean Princess on 5/28. Please tell me the air conditioning works well! We are on the Riveria Deck and I'm afraid we may roast up there since heat does rise and we will also be closer to the blazing sun.

Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks,
Vicki

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old April 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to frank_holland Send a message via Yahoo to frank_holland

Hi Vicki,

The airconditioning works perfect !! Maybe it even works too good as it was a bit cold in some lounges at several times.
As soon as you open a door towards a deck you will feel how warm it actually is outside, even during the nights.

Tips : I can reccomend any show, wether it is a concert, a magician or one of the comedians, they were all great. It's a must to be in the theatre every evening.
The kitchen tour aboard is also a great opportunity to have a look behind the scenes.
They will give a demonstration about how to cook several dishes before the tour in the theatre and it's not boring at all, it's really funny actually.

What else did I like... Every day at sea there will be Pool Games during the day. Water volleyball will be held several times and they also have some competitions as battle of the sexes etc. Really enjoying to take part or to watch.

After sailing away from St. Thomas we had a very nice pool party which I think everyone should go to, you'll definately have a great time.
Finally I would reccomend watching at least one movie during the evening as it's a magnifficent experience to watch a movie at sea with the stars above you.

Caribbean Princess
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the reply Frank! Sounds like I've got good times ahead.....

I'm really looking forward to the MUTS! Did it feel very warm and muggy during the evening while watching the movie? I also like going to the standup comedy shows, as long as they aren't to corny :-)

Also, What deck was your cabin on?

Did you enjoy the seafood buffet in the Caribe Cafe? I saw some pictures and it looked tasty *-*

Thanks for all the wonderful information!!

Vicki
Old April 21st, 2005, 05:33 AM
miss honey

Frank
Thanks so much for the post. I was excited , we are on on May 14th. sailing of the CP , but the excitement seems to be building by the day. Miss Honey
Old April 21st, 2005, 11:55 PM
san

Default Re: Re: Re: Roll call Caribbean Princess May 14th Ft Lauderd

hi we're going on this ship in sept. let us know how it went . I men details. I requested a cabin change to the Caribe Deck from the Rivera because the cabin is underneath the Lido Deck and thats where all the noise and foot traffic is. i read a review tonight where this couple was awakened at 4am every morning. So that was the deciding factor for me. Now the other issue I have is that the balcony is not very private. Have a great time and dont forget 2 give me the 411. san