Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Nonie

Default Seattle - Lodging Near Pier

We've booked an Inside Passage on the Diamond leaving out of Seattle. Is there lodging close to "Terminal 30 Cruise Facility". Any recommendations? Do any of the hotels shuttle guests to the hotel from the airport and to the pier? Your answers are greatlyh appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Seattle - Lodging Near Pier

The pier is in a commercial area so there is really nothing there. However any downtown hotel would not be really far.
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:36 AM
bp

I would stay downtown which can't be more than about a $10 cab ride away - unless they have a shuttle (I'm sure some do). It's almost walking distance as you are not too far from Safeco field (we walk to ball games from the ferry terminal).

Waterfront hotels include the Edgewater and Marriott. I stayed at the marriott Valentine's weekend - it's right across from the other cruise terminal in Seattle. Good location as just behind you is the Pike Place Market (prime tourist spot). There are a bunch of other downtown hotels to choose from as well.

For bearings, check out the map of the cruise terminal: http://www.portseattle.org/about/map...overview.shtml
Old March 15th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Nonie

Thanks so much for the info. I'll check out the "portseattle" website. We appreciate the info, CJH and BP.
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Passenger

Try the Edgewater, they have a shuttle and you are next to pier 66, the other cruise terminal!
Althou it would be a stiff walk to there are things to do on the water front.

Good Luck

M/V Sun Princess 10-19-2005
M/V Paradise 02-2005
S/S Norway 05-2000
USS Gray 1978-1979
USS Kirk 1976-1978
USS Rathburne 1973-1975
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:58 PM
LaurieB

I'd go to Hotwire and book anything in the Pike Place Market area that's a 3.5 star or better (to keep you safe). We live an hour away and stay in Seattle all the time- we've never had a bad one if we stay above 3 stars. The waterfront hotels are super pricey so even with a free shuttle you're paying a lot more. A cab isn't going to cost a whole lot if you're anywhere in that area. I doubt you're going to find a hotel in downtown Seattle (let me know if you do!!) that picks you up at the airport for free. As far as getting from the airport to the hotel, most people use graylineseattle.com for the airport express for a cheap way to get to downtown hotels. It only goes to a list of specific ones (all fairly upscale), so you could try to get a room at one of those.
Old March 16th, 2005, 02:53 PM
BMK

Hi Nonie,
We'll be on the Diamond 8/13 and can't wait. We booked the Crowne Plaza for a three day pre-cruise stay. Looks like it is in walking distance the Pike Place and most downtown attractions. I did price the waterfront Marriott and it was double. Good luck.
Old March 18th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Byron Eisenstein

The Edgewater Hotel is at Pier 67 and is literally on the water. I've been told it is a wonderful place to stay. We are staying there pre-cruise and post cruise. Check out the website via travelocity.com. Enjoy your cruise and your hotel stay.
Byron
Old March 19th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Passenger

I live in Seattle and can tell you that the Edgewater is very nice but it isn't really close to anything and will be expensive. You're better off staying a little off the water and saving yourself the walk up and down the brutal hills to get to everything.

You might want to try seattle.sidewalk.com or hotels.com for some good ideas. Good places to look also are hotels near the Seattle Center which is where the Space Needle is; the monorail is right there which will get you around the city with ease to the shopping district and whatnot. Downtown is a small area and while Pike Place is a great attraction, there isn't much else in that immediate area to see. You're a short cab ride from the piers and your Seattle experience will be more enjoyable if you stay a little deeper in the city
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:47 PM
Roy W.

Default Re: Re: Seattle - Lodging Near Pier

Hi. Check out the Silver Cloud on Lake Union to stay while in Seattle. It will offer you a free shuttle to anywhere while staying with them. Balcony rooms over looking the Lake and watch the action on the lake from your room. If you want to go somewhere just check with the front desk and its a done deal. When ready to come back let them know what time or call when you are ready and they'll be there. They will shuttle to the Pier and back also. You aren't in the thick of things but not far from lots of things. Check it out.....Roy
Old March 21st, 2005, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Oh yeah, I second that one!!
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:46 PM
Mike K.

We stayed there 2 years ago for a precruise visit. It is about a 10 minute walk to Pikes market. The food at the hotel is pretty good. We are going back to Alaska again this summer, this time we are going to try Hampton Inn Suites.

Have a nice vacation!!
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Nonie

A big thanks to all of you who responded to my questions. Your info is much appreciated. I think we're going to send extra time in Seattle now that we know there is so much to see and do.
Old March 24th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Roy W.

Nonie, you might want to consider a trip up to Mt. Raineer (1/2 day) or even to Mt. St. Helens ( all day). Plenty to see and do in Seattle but if you want to get out and see other things, these 2 are highly recommended. Mt. St. Helens, if you have never been there is an awesome adventure to see the devastation and now the re-birth of the area 25 years after the eruption. Mother Nature can be so awesome.....Roy
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Nonie

Thanks for the information, Roy. This will be our first trip to Seattle and we're looking forward to it. The folks who have answered our questions have been very helpful. We sure do appreciate everyone's input.

Nonie
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Janmd

We just booked into the Westin for a few night before the cruise. We found that near what we wanted to do.
We are going out on the Sapphire.
Jan
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Nonie

Jan: we're thinking of going into Seattle a day or so before our cruise. Our flight doesn't arrive until 12:15 p.m. and we were a little nervous about timelines - getting from the airport to the pier in time.

Can anyone tell me if we go through Customs before and after the cruise?

Nonie