Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to grandmaa
Default Golden Princess-transatlantic May 8

How many cruisers going on to London and how are you getting there?? We are interested in doing a mini-tour via Stonehenge on the way. Anyone have any ideas?? This is our first transatlantic crossing and are are looking forward to it... 6 days of cruising with no stops.
Does the ship have more planned activities because there are no stops for these days??Has anyone planned their port excursions? I am waiting for the information from Princess to make choices.
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:21 PM
D=Town

Default Re: Golden Princess-transatlantic May 8

I'll be on this sailing with my wife and another couple.
Although I've cruised several times, last year was the 1st time I signed on for a transatlantic.
It was terrific.
On sea days, my wife and I went to the gym, took in movies, sun on deck , read books and just relaxed.
Regarding excursions, Princess offers a wide variety at several price points.
My advice, book on line...Now!
As for a London after cruise tour, there is excellent train service to London from the ship.
Just a word on London, it's great but very expensive-hotels, food, etc...
All the best!
Old March 21st, 2005, 10:10 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Golden Princess-transatlantic May 8

Hi Grandmaa,

We are going to Stongehenge after the cruise. We have booked a hotel in Salisbury.
I'm wondering how difficult it will be to get transportation from the ship. Our travel agent said it wouldn't be a problem. This is also our first transatlantic cruise. We are very excited!