Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
kled

Default Anyone recently sail the Caribbean Princess?

How was is it?!?

I haven't seen any recent reviews...

We leave on 4/2 and would love some insight or feedback, the more positive the better!

TIA!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2005, 07:39 PM
Janmd

Default Re: Anyone recently sail the Caribbean Princess?

We were on the 2-26 sailing and it was great service, food, entertainment, stateroom. Princess has come back. We are going back in Nov.
Have fun.
Old March 24th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Sgtbill

we were on here in february. Great ship. Clean, no lines. Make certain you try the pizza! I know, your going n a crusie and I am saying try pizza, its the best in the world!

Cafe Carib is great at night for some shell fish.

I found the movies under the satrs to 1) never be crowded and 2) noisy during the day. Personal choice if you want to sit there during the sun days!

Personal Choice....up to you. After two crusies and utilizing this, i recommend you try one the first night, if your server is good or better, ask the maitre de for the same table the same time each night. $20 can usually get this done! Regardless, early in the crusie, book a time for each night. While the wait for no more than a cocktail, the later in the crusie the longer the wait!

If princess has a fault, its one, the entertainment is week. Very week. But understandably you cant put your money into everyhting. The ships clean, food great, but the entertainment was very very week. the shows..were the wekest.

Also, Princess palces signs everywhere saying no reserving of deck chairs! Totally ludicrous. On our crusie i got up earlier each day to try and get some chairs and was never ever ever able to find 4 together as peopel were up at sun up to get locations.

Plenty of chairs, but princess does a poor job of stopping this practice.

Bottom line, we are sailing with Princess again next year so that in and of itself is the ebst recommendation
Old March 24th, 2005, 10:08 PM
R. Chapman

Sailed in February, all was great as Usual...seek out the Crooners Bar in the atrium and listen to Bert Stratton. He is an artist and a true entertainer. We found ourselves there every night. 9:00-1:00. Enjoy...I gues the best reference we can give is we are going back in October, same ship same cruise.
Old March 25th, 2005, 07:50 AM
Familiar Face

Just sailed on her March 5-12th. Ship was great....service was lacking a bit....food was average in my opinion based on previous cruises. Please feel free to email me if you have any specific questions about her or want further info about my experiences that week. Enjoy your cruise!

Ted
Old March 25th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anyone recently sail the Caribbean Princess?

Hey PilotGuy71,

Glad you had a good cruise! I'm going on the Caribbean Princess on May 28-June 4. Which deck were you on? We will be on the Riveria Deck, R525. How was the motion of the ship? I've been on several cruises and really don't have a problem with the rocking, but my nephew has not. I'm a bit concerned about being on the top deck of cabins. You usually tend to feel more movement up higher. One good thing is that we are almost midship.

When you said "service was lacking", did you find this all over the ship? How was your cabin steward? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old March 26th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Terri=On

Default Re: Re: Re: Anyone recently sail the Caribbean Princess?

We were on the 2/26 sailing. Our cabin was on Riviera R249. Great location. We did not notice much movement at all. In fact after first couple of hours none. we had a great cabin steward,Kornel. However he left the ship 4 hours after us to return home to Hungary. We enjoyed the food and the late nite seafood gorge. I didn't see any shows in the Princess theatre but did enjoy the entertainment in the lounges. I found everyone, both fellow travellers and staff to be very friendly. Everyone travelling in the future have a great time. I wish I was going again
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone recently sail the Caribbean Princess?

Terri - thanks for the reply! Do you remember if the balcony on that deck is covered? I'm glad to hear you had a great cruise, I know we will too. Any other info you would like to send my way would be greatly appreciated!!!

Caribbean Princess 05/28/2005
Golden Princess 05/23/2004
Tropicale 04/2000
Old March 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Dear Kim,

I've never cruised before but will also be on the 4/2 sailing. Hope to meet you at some point - I'll be the redhead in the halter 2-piece swimsuit at the pool(s) every day with a scar going down my midsection and a funky-looking navel.

This is the first time in my life I've ever worn a bikini - we're taking this cruise as a celebration of my losing 200 pounds. I never thought I would be unafraid to wear a swimsuit in my life!

Anyway, hope we run into each other!!

Marybeth
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:23 PM
kled

Marybeth,

Great for you! That is truly fantastic and I am sure you look amazing!

I'm sure guests will think it funny that I am staring at their navel, but I'll keep an eye out for you!

I would give you description but I have no distinguishing characteristics

Happy Cruising!
Kim
Old April 10th, 2005, 06:08 PM
travelpower1

Default Re: Re: Anyone recently sail the Caribbean Princess?

which PC dining room did you like the best on the Caribbean Princess?
we are going April 16..

thanks
A