Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Passenger

Default BF to BB Upgade or Not?

I orginally booked and outside cabin on the Grand Princess BF Cat. I just check and I am now a BB. The BF was on the Emerald deck and the BB is on the Aloha Deck, is this an upgrade? It appears to be a higher deck location which I assume is good? Cabin Location . A629 ....Has anybody stayed in that area .... Thanks a bunch ...
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Charliesmom

Default Re: BF to BB Upgade or Not?

Go to the Princess website and check the deck plan for the deck above that cabin. If it is under the kids area or the teens area or under the pool deck, you might have some noise issues. Also, if it is under the kitchen for the restaurant area, you also might have issues. If it is under other cabins you are okay.

Higher is not necessarily better, especially if you get seasick.

Roberta
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:38 PM
ja714

Thomas,

It is definitely better for you. Balcony cabins on the Emerald deck have no privacy -- everyone on the decks above you can look at your whole deck. Now you can do the looking since your up top. Either way, both would be great --- Have fun!!!

Jim
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Kathy & Dave

Definitely take the BB! On the Grand (& Golden) Princess, the BE & BF catagories of cabins are set back in from the other balconies and have a walk way in front of it. It's set up a bit, so everyone walking by on the Promenade will be walking right by you. Hard to explain unless you saw it.

That looks like a good location too. Near enough to the elevators & stairs to be convenient, but not directly next to them.

The Grand is a great ship! Enjoy!

Old March 29th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Passenger

Looks like I have a good spot. Thanks for your replies!
Old March 31st, 2005, 05:27 PM
West Coast

Default Re: Re: BF to BB Upgade or Not?

And the BB balconies are MUCH larger than the other balcony cabins (except for teh BA's which are the same). Also, they're half-covered/half-open, so it's the best of both world's!

You may also get lucky - if you slip your room steward a $20 when you first meet him, ask if he can bring a couple of lounger's for your balcony. You'll have your own little oasis

Have a great trip.