Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2005, 03:30 PM
LV2Cruz

Default Ocho Rios River Tubing

I'm looking for anyone that may have went on the River Tubing Safari. It looks like lots of fun.....tubing for a 2 hour ride down the river. I would love your comments, good or bad, before making a reservation. If you could share your pictures that would be great!

My husband, myself and another couple are cruz'in on the Carribean Princess on May 21st.
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2005, 07:46 PM
pcboston

Default Re: Ocho Rios River Tubing

I have done the tubing excursion in Ocho Rios on the White River. Did it in 2002 with a grandson on a cruise with Royal Caribbean. They take you in vans up into the mountains, a bit of a rough ride but an adventure. The tubes are big black inner tubes with plywood across the bottom to protect you from bumping the river bottom. The guides help you in, give you a paddle, and when the group is all set, off you go. It was fun to be floating down the river in the woods, there were small rapids in spots but nothing dangerous and the guides are all along with you. You stop at one spot, there is a small food stand. They will give you a sample of jerk pork and you can buy more if you want. I recall there was a rope swing there, some of the adventurous were trying it. This was a fun excursion, something out of the ordinary, which was why I wanted to try it. After we got back from that , we grabbed a taxi to Dunn River Falls to see that too. I think you will have fun doing the tubing. The tour guides were all terrific, really nice people.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:00 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Did this privately off the Carnival Victory 3/04 via a-z jamaica planners. The actual rice on the river is NOT 2 hours, it is more like 30-45 minutes but WONDERFUL.
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Dana Cline

We just did that last month. I want a river like that running thru my backyard! We had an awesome time and got some good photos. I've written it up on my web site with photos, at www.logicsmith.com in the Adventures section, titled Caribean Adventure - A Return to Princess.

You'll have a great time!

Dana
Old April 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM
LV2Cruz

Thanks to all of you for commenting. With all 3 of your responses as thumbs up, I will definiately plan for this excusion.

Thanks Dana for this pictures....they were great! Can't wait for this cruise to start.