Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:36 AM
micheleandjeff

Default clothes.what to bring???

I know you need to bring some dressy clothes for the dining,but do most people wear shorts and capris the other times? Does it ever get cool at nite or on the boat and people wear jeans too? Im trying to think if I should bring more warm things or both,first time going hahaha
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Dana Cline

Default Re: clothes.what to bring???

Depends on your route... On our March cruise on the Dawn, it was a bit chilly in Ft. Lauderdale in the morning but the rest of the cruise was shorts and t-shirt weather. You can also check weather.com as it has weather for all the islands (or at least the most popular ones).

Dana
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Qcruise

Where and when are you going? We took some warm pieces for our Mexican cruise 2 weeks ago and never wore a single piece! Of course you have to plan for some cool times, and if you don't pack it, you'll need it....but we never used any of it....
Old April 11th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Michelle - first off Princess does not allow shorts or jeans in the dining rooms during dinner hours. Shorts are fine for the daytime. The dress code for the evening other than formal on Princess is resort casual. Capris and a nice blouse or sweater with sandals would be fine as would a nice sundress or pants and a nice blouse. Men can get away with Dockers type pants,polo or other collared shirt and casual shoes. I would bring a lightweight sweater for evening, and a wrap to throw over your formal clothes.
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Desiree Russo

Are you allowed to wear sleeveless or halter tops in the dining room? Or only shirts with sleeves? I sail in 11 days i'm trying to get all my clothes together....