Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Beginner

Default A question regarding SHOES...any shoe horses outhere?? :)

OK since weve never cruised before you can expect me to be popping up with some silly questions

How many pairs of shoes do you usually bring on a cruise - we have a family of 5 so they could really add up!!

We are doing formal night and figure only 1 pair for both nights for all of us. Do the pool decks get hot? can you walk around barefoot? what do you think...are teva type sandals good for daytime and any excursions? (we plan on just walking around town and beaching)

thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to paul1
Default Re: A question regarding SHOES...any shoe horses outhere??

we always seem to bring atleast 4 pairs per person.no the decks do not get that hot but you really want something on your feet to get to the decks from your cabin.when do you sail?we are on the carribean princess oct 22,this will be our fourth cruise with princess.

Old April 16th, 2005, 10:12 AM
susancruzs

I've read posts where people really bring alot of shoes, I used to do that, too!

Now I bring a pair of sandals, dressy shoes, gym shoes (I wear these to travel, hard to pack)! I also bring water shoes, got a bad cut years ago on what looked to be a very clean beach so I always wear them.

I might throw in a pair of flats, depending on my mood at the time! :-)

I pack shoes in the corners of the suitcase, the sandals, water shoes and flats in the outside pockets.

Susie
Old April 16th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Passenger

Hi Susan,

It depends on where you are going (is it a cold destination or hot?) and how long your stay will be. Assuming that it is a 7-10 day cruise, I would suggest at least 3-4 pair of shoes. I highly recommend flip flops for pool areas, your comment regarding 1 pair of shoes for formal night is good, then you want at least two good shoes for wallking: a pair of tennis shoes and the teva's are a good. If you don't take your teva sandals, I would suggest a shoe such as the easy spirti walking shoe. Hope this helps.
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Depends on your needs, but definately 1 pr. formal, 1 pr. flip flops or other such pool shoe because the decks do get hot, and 1 pr comfortable walking sandals or running shoes for all the walking you'll do. Also 1 pr. water shoes for water-related shore excursions. Flip flops or sandals can double as slippers; you don't want to be walking around barefoot anywhere.

donna

Old April 17th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Jero

One pair for formal night
One pair for poolside and deck (sandals). It will be better to use a sandal that have straps or something that holds your feet, so you can use them for excursion and walking around the towns
One pair for casual nights

If you are planning to go to the caribbean, well the decks get pretty hot. Especially the stairs by the pool side and the parts were the deck is like cement, or something like it. They get pretty hot, and you must run in these area if you dont want to get a burn.
Old April 18th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Beginner

whoops... forgot to say...we are going on the caribbean princess july 16. thanks for all the info. with 5 of us i figure i'll be bringing about 15-18 pairs of shoes!!! yikes!!!

3 more months- cant wait!!

sue
Old April 18th, 2005, 10:43 AM
kubies

Here's a little hint I got about four cruises ago. Might be good for you,especially considering the number of people/shoes in your party. Buy an inexpensive hanging shoe bag at Wal-Mart (you may even have one at home). Roll it up (they take no room at all) and use it to store all the shoes where they can easily be seen. Handy, too, for a later cruise with fewer people. You can use the little holes/pockets for socks, bags, whatever. Have a great time.
Old April 18th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Beginner

Thats a great idea, THANKS. I hate tripping over little shoes!

Sue
Old April 20th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Teva type sandals are the best! that's all i wear during the day on my feet, unless we are doing a lot of walking in port then i wear a good pair of walking sneakers.
i pack 1 pair of dressy black heels for formal wear, 1 pair of flat white sandals for casual wear , 1 pair of the Teva type sandals, i wear my sneakers.
The guys pack 1 pair of black dress shoes, 1 pair of docksiders type casual shoes or nice leather sandals, 1 pair of the Teva type sandals and they wear their sneakers.