I just recently cruised with the Grand (4/9). This was the seven day out of Galveston. I would like to give a quick review ... This was my first cruise with Princess line and my 4th cruise total.
1) The food was great! In every place that I went to eat (Which was everywhere).
2) The shows were just as good as Broadway ( and yes I have been to Broadway). The comedians where great especially "Sarge".
3) I really enjoyed watching the 30 foot outdoor movie screen (Other Ships did too)
4) The casino was nice but I did not win anything there. "Black Jack"
5) The Skywalkers night clubs was so fun .... Always something going on there.
6) Get a Balcony if you can afford the extra bucks ... Really nice to have and look at the land passing by.
This could be a Pro or Con depending if you are single. Most people on the ship where couples (90%) but I still met some really nice single people. Just head to the Disco or Casnio and you will find the singles theres.
Cons - Not much here
1) Beds where a little small and hard ... I have nice soft mattress at home
2) Did not like being Tender to shore. It took an hour plus to wait to get on a boat.
3) We only had a few hours to stay in Belize due to strong head winds .. Not sure why they did not go to Cozumel first (It is closer)
4) The bathroom is a little small and the tolites are loud (I have heard louder on other ships)
All in all, it was a great cruise ........ I would sail them again.