Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Passenger

Default Bring "food" on board and walking around with alco

Ok You can tell it's getting closer to sail time as my questions are getting sillier and sillier.
Can you bring food on to the ship. I love the french crescents, chocolates, bread and pate`. Would love to bring some on board.
Second, can you walk around with alcohol on the ship. Things such as go into bars with a bottle of beer or glass of wine?
I the USVI it is very common to ask for to go cups or carry your beer from one bar to the next.
Is this allowed on the ship?
20 more nights of my own bed, 15 more work days.
Getting excited.
5/14/04 until my ship sails.
Shawn
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:56 AM
susancruzs

Default Re: Bring "food" on board and walking around with

At first I wasn't sure if you were serious or not! You can't (or aren't supposed to) take food off the ship with you, I've seen people do it though.

I haven't been on a ship yet that didn't have excellent crescents, chocolate so going off to bring food back on just doesn't seem logical.

I would not take something from my cabin and walk around with it. You don't see people walking around with bottles of beer in their hands.

Susie
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:14 PM
rt

Yes you can walk all over the ship with alochol. You can purchase a bucket of beers and carry those around with you anywhere on the ship. The bucket is a better deal
and your cabin person will fill the bucket with Ice as needed when needed. Just don't make a fool out of yourself and you shouldn't have a proble. They will take any bottals or cans of booz you buy on shore and give them back at the end of the cruise. They have to make that profit on the on board bars you know....

Enjoy yourself.. They have plenty of food on board 24hrs a day. No need to bring yourown.. What is it your paying for anyway...
Old April 25th, 2005, 05:38 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Bring "food" on board and walking around w

I realize that the ship is known for "food" but each Island has their specialties like the French side of St Martin with it's crescents and French chocolates or pate`s.
I want to know if I can bring a few crescents back on to the ship. I don't want to take food off the ship.
Thanks Shawn.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Dana Cline

Default Re: Bring

I've had no problems bringing food onboard ship. Specifically, I got some Jamaican meat patties on St. Maarten and brought them aboard.

As for walking around with alcohol, sure. You're generally not expected to remain in the same bar you bought the drink in...

Dana
Old April 25th, 2005, 08:31 AM
AR

Default Re: Re: Re: Bring "food" on board and walking arou

Here's a good rule of thumb. . .

If you truly want to bring things on board (like food) that is also available on board, but already included in the cruise price, there's no problem. If you want to bring things on board (like booze) that they also sell on board, there may be various sorts of issues. It all boils down to simple economics. Bottom line, nobody gives the slightest hoot about smuggling pastries aboard, although I can't see why you'd bother. Coals to Newcastle.

I suppose you can carry liquor around with you if you'd care to. Obviously, nobody cares if you're moving around on the pool deck with a beer. Some people, myself included, think it's tacky to wander around the public rooms guzzling liquor, but as I'm sure many will tell me in reply, "Hey buddy, I paid my damn fare and I can do whatever I want."

And, let's face it, you pretty much can. Rules are seldom enforced, the bounds of poor taste are stretched more and more ever year, so it's perfectly fine to do pretty much whatever you want short of a felony.

It is in very poor taste to bring liquor from your room to one of the ship's bars and proceed to sit down and drink it. People are doing it more and more because, hey, why pay bar prices when you can smuggle your booze onboard, mix your drink in the room, then bring it to the bar where you can watch big screen TV?
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:39 AM
Admiral

the only food that you cannot bring back onto the ship from the islands would be fresh fruit/vegetables and fresh meats, if you bought a box of special chocolates you can bring those aboard.
You can walk around the ship with a drink in your hand. Especially by the pool, but if you go to a lounge before dinner and don't finish your drink before you go to dinner you may bring your drink to dinner with you.(for example) If you want a cocktail in your room, you can order it from room service .
Old April 25th, 2005, 03:55 PM
charles katz

Default Re: Re: Re: Bring "food" on board and walking arou

it is real difficult to carry a crescent,it might be rather inedible.l believe you must be
talking about a croissant,which is how the french get even with skinny americans
Old April 25th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the info Charles can't stop laughing.
No matter how many times I tried to spell croissant it didn't look right so I went to the dictionary and found the spelling for crescent. That didn't look right either but by then I had spent too much time on the word.
Anyway you saved me from chipping me teeth! lol
shawn
I think I have enough info on the food and drink question.
Thanks all.
Ill be the one with a Beck's in one hand and a chocolate in the other.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

You are allowed to walk all over the ship with a drink in your hand. Whether you can between the prior drinks & the motion of the sea is another story. :-D You wouldn't want to spill a drink.

On my last cruise I was taking drinks to a friends' cabin. Because I ordered so many drinks, the cocktail waitress actually walked to the cabin with me. In the elevator I made bad jokes about resident drunks being provided truly individual service.

You cannot however walk off the ship into a port or from port back on board with an alcoholic beverage. You must finish it or spill it out (horrors).